Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2012 9:28:22 AM EDT
Newer to posting in this forum but been reading up for a while now, including the faq. Just ordered a Lee classic cast press to start preparing to load on thanks to some gift cards from my work.

So I was looking at/ considering dies and seen the Redding Series A rifle 2 die set but I have not seen much on these. Any feedback or opinions? I know Redding in general is well regarded for quality dies but I mean specifically this set. Alternatively I looked at just a Lee and RCBS standard rifle die sets. Would the redding be a better investment over either of these?

I am not looking to do handload bolt gun precision ammo obviously but I do want my ammo to be quality stuff for my AR's (one of which is a 1/8 wylde stainless barrel setup which I would like to feed fairly nice accurate food).
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 10:53:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am not looking to do handload bolt gun precision ammo...

But that is exactly what you are going to get.

The Series A, B, C etc are pricing points.  I believe it is related to production volume - the more common calibers are less expensive.  It is not a quality-related designation.

Redding dies = good to go (the best, IMO).
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I have all but ordered the Reddings die set but wanted to be sure that Series did not have some reason to avoid it, price is a little more than Lee or RCBS but it is still in my budget/ reasonable.
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 3:58:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Appreciate the clarification.

Ordered the Redding dies.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Wanted to reply to this and update.

Got my Redding die set and I will say I am glad I went this route, they are very nice quality and after some resizing last night with the FL resizing die I was very happy with the results. Checked all the cases in a case gauge after and they were all near perfect but naturally need some neck trimming to proper OAL now.

I did have one issue which was probably my doing, the collar/ sizing button was damaged.

I emailed Redding Reloading to verify the part # I would need to order to replace it. I was responded to in under 24hrs with a part# and they are sending me out a new one in the mail! Absolutely awesome customer service from them. I think I will be looking to them when I need .308 dies in the near future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top