Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2012 6:58:22 PM EDT
I'm waiting for my dealer to get back to me with ordering info, they're supposedly contacting Silencerco to get the details but I figured I'd ask here anyway. Any prices, release dates, reviews or details on actual db reduction?
Link Posted: 4/28/2012 8:43:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Dunno, but i got to shoot one today on a ACR.  Pretty damn sweet.     The mounting system rox!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2012 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Dunno, but i got to shoot one today on a ACR.  Pretty damn sweet.     The mounting system rox!!!

Any more details? Have you shot any of it's contenders, AAC M42K, Knights QDSS, Surefire FA 556's? If so, how did it compare? I was GTG on an M42k or a QDSS until I looked into the Saker. That motherfucker is the most revolutionary suppressor I've ever seen. The very definition of the game changer. I just haven't found any first hand accounts of the suppression quality. I have no doubt it's beyond exceptional, Silencerco is a fuckin good company and I have zero doubt in the performance of this can, but I'd like a peek at my Christmas present early just like any other kid at heart waiting on his new toy
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 7:32:18 AM EDT
[#3]
The suppressor is slightly longer than the competition at ~ 7.3" OAL without any accessory muzzle devices which of course extend length further.  

The Surefire 212 is 6" OAL, the KAC suppressor 6.5" OAL, the AAC M42K 6.625" OAL.

From what Silencerco advertised it seemed to imply it would tie or very slightly edge out the M4-2000 which is the best sound performer of the three units you mentioned.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I shot both the M4-2000 and the Saker yesterday at Elm Fork, and couldn't honestly tell any difference between the two as far as sound goes.  Granted, the environment probably wasn't ideal for comparing cans, as there was a TON of reflected sound coming back at the shooter because of the low roof covering the lanes and the close proximity of walls.  Despite the less-than-ideal conditions, both the M4-2000 and the Saker made shooting the 55gr .223 ammo I was using comfortable without ear pro.

If memory serves me right, the word from Silencerco was that they'd begin shipping the 5.56 Sakers in July.  No word on when the 7.62 version will be out; just that it's in development.  It's an impressive and innovative design, to be sure.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 3:09:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I shot both the M4-2000 and the Saker yesterday at Elm Fork, and couldn't honestly tell any difference between the two as far as sound goes.  Granted, the environment probably wasn't ideal for comparing cans, as there was a TON of reflected sound coming back at the shooter because of the low roof covering the lanes and the close proximity of walls.  Despite the less-than-ideal conditions, both the M4-2000 and the Saker made shooting the 55gr .223 ammo I was using comfortable without ear pro.

If memory serves me right, the word from Silencerco was that they'd begin shipping the 5.56 Sakers in July.  No word on when the 7.62 version will be out; just that it's in development.  It's an impressive and innovative design, to be sure.

They told me that the 7.62 would be first quarter to early second....
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 11:49:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The suppressor is slightly longer than the competition at ~ 7.3" OAL without any accessory muzzle devices which of course extend length further.  

The Surefire 212 is 6" OAL, the KAC suppressor 6.5" OAL, the AAC M42K 6.625" OAL.

From what Silencerco advertised it seemed to imply it would tie or very slightly edge out the M4-2000 which is the best sound performer of the three units you mentioned.

I stood a Saker (with thread mount piece installed) on end the other day next to my NT4 and the length and weight between the two were identical.  I wanted to shoot it on my SCAR but Silencerco didn't bring a NT4 mount adapter.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#8]
tag
Link Posted: 5/10/2012 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/10/2012 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Martin got the overview video uploaded for us. Its long, but detailed.

Outstanding.  Bring on the .30cal version!
Link Posted: 5/19/2012 12:06:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Tag and bring on the .308!
Link Posted: 5/19/2012 1:18:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I believe August is the most current date for a release.
Link Posted: 5/19/2012 7:09:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Can the Saker attach to a standard A2 flash hider without having to remove or modify the existing mounted A2 hider.

Link Posted: 5/20/2012 10:26:22 AM EDT
[#14]
What is the weight? Any titanium in it?
Link Posted: 5/20/2012 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Can the Saker attach to a standard A2 flash hider without having to remove or modify the existing mounted A2 hider.  

This is bad news all around.  A2's are commonly installed with crush washers.  The crush washer should be replaced no matter what to prevent baffle strikes.
Link Posted: 5/23/2012 1:16:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Bump for interest
Link Posted: 5/23/2012 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Another video from SHOT stated MSRP at about $1200 with 1 mount, direct thread would take about $150 off that.
Great to see new materials are being used/developed to prolong baffle life.

It looked short in the videos, disappointed that its longer than M42K and 212.

What I want from a new can design is less length added but sound-suppression like a current full sized can. (for under $1k )
A reflex may provide that, but there are few options.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top