Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2012 5:27:52 PM EDT
Which one is the quietest? Does using a 7.62 suppressor on a 5.56 work better?

School me arfcom, I know nothing of this shit.
Link Posted: 2/28/2012 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#1]
the dead horse is beat again.

AAC M4-2000, Liberty Torch, Silencerco Saker, etc.

get a AAC 7.62SD and be god to go with both.

If you can hear a difference of 2 or 3 decibels, from an impulse noise around 130 db, I call bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/28/2012 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I have shot 223 through a 762 next to sevaral others shooting with a 223 cans and nobody could hear the diference.
If you have money falling out of your pockets then get a 223 can and later a 762 if you need.
If you dont have money falling out of your pockets then starting with a 762 can is nice as it will work on
many other calibers just fine until you feel the need to have a can for each caliber and gun.
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 4:53:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If you can hear a difference of 2 or 3 decibels, from an impulse noise around 130 db, I call bullshit.

How quiet is that Silencerco Saker you're running.........?
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

go join www.silencerresearch.com and read the multi-suppressor tests.  Silencerresearch.com is the gold standard of unbiased, repeatable, mil-spec scientific suppressor testing.

Link Posted: 2/29/2012 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see what you did there... Haha
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#7]
For quiet... The ops inc 12th is it.

I prefer the Gemtech G5 or G5-t (titanium) for the mounting method.  As stated by others... if you have any .30 caliber rifles ... getting a .308 can is great for .223 in the sub caliber role.
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's exactly what I was thinking!
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 5:10:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

go join www.silencerresearch.com and read the multi-suppressor tests.  Silencerresearch.com is the gold standard of unbiased, repeatable, mil-spec scientific suppressor testing.

All of the stuff on Silencerresearch is out dated and according to Titsworth he is no longer going to be doing anymore testing.

Link Posted: 2/29/2012 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

go join www.silencerresearch.com and read the multi-suppressor tests. Silencerresearch.com is the gold standard of unbiased, repeatable, mil-spec scientific suppressor testing.

All of the stuff on Silencerresearch is out dated and according to Titsworth he is no longer going to be doing anymore testing.

That's not exactly what he said.  He spent a lot of time and money on "proper" testing and people would rather read half-assed free tests (Youtube videos with no scientific metering, wild decibel reduction claims).

He will still do testing, but the results will be free.

The forum is still valuable as a way to get information.

Link Posted: 2/29/2012 5:47:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

go join www.silencerresearch.com and read the multi-suppressor tests. Silencerresearch.com is the gold standard of unbiased, repeatable, mil-spec scientific suppressor testing.

That's not exactly what he said.  He spent a lot of time and money on "proper" testing and people would rather read half-assed free tests (Youtube videos with no scientific metering, wild decibel reduction claims).

You can get free, very accurate, performed with high dollar equipment on a wider variety of suppressors from Major Malfunction on his website http://www.silencerforum.com/.

Major also tests 7.62 cans on 5.56 hosts. This way you can see which performs better on a 5.56 rifle, a 7.62 or 5.56 suppressor.

Besides I would not consider Titsworth to be gold standard or unbiased.
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 7:15:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't see anything new in the premium section!  Where is all the new data being keep?
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You can get free, very accurate, performed with high dollar equipment on a wider variety of suppressors from Major Malfunction on his website http://www.silencerforum.com/.

Major also tests 7.62 cans on 5.56 hosts. This way you can see which performs better on a 5.56 rifle, a 7.62 or 5.56 suppressor.

Besides I would not consider Titsworth to be gold standard or unbiased.

I and Bryon were both present and helped John with the 5.56 & 7.62 silencer tests. They are as good as gold and we were unbiased.

I took the picture.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top