Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2007 1:14:07 PM EDT
For reference:Link

I asked the Senator to see if he could get the Masada considered as it is a American made weapon(vs HK-German, FN-Belgian, etc..).  

Here is his response:

September 5, 2007

Mr. Solidius (edited)
123 some street(edited)
Somewhere, Oklahoma 99999(edited)

Dear Mr. Solidius,

Thank you for your message regarding the Magpul Masada rifle. I appreciate your recommendations.

My staff and I are familiar with the successes of Magpul. They are a great example of how American creativity and innovation can build better products. However, my intent in pushing for the Army to compete its new rifle procurement is not to steer them toward any one particular product - only the best one. Through a full, fair and open competition, I am confident the best weapon system will be found. Our troops deserve nothing less. I am confident Magpul's products will be a formidable challenger but it is nonetheless my desire to let the competition play out and allow the Army to review the findings.

Thank you again for your message and for your suggestions. I value your opinion and I hope you'll keep in touch.

Sincerely, A

Tom A. Coburn, M.D.

United States Senator

As far as I know the Masada is not being considered at this point
FWIW

Link Posted: 9/7/2007 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Well at least they're aware of it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The Doc is a good man......hopefully he'll give it some good thought!
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 8:18:59 PM EDT
[#3]
least thats truly a unique reply and not some run of the mill crap.

not bad, its a start
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#5]
You bet. Just observing the quality of products Magpul provides, and the dedication to bringing end users the best solution available,  I firmly believe the Masada has the potential to become a dominate weapon system and the best rifle to come out of the US since the M16.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, lets face it th e XM8 should be tossed and the MASADA put in.

HK already had two firearms present and either the XCR or the MASADA as American made firearms should be given a seat at the table.

With the current rifle in the competition I see the SCAR as the winner.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#7]

. However, my intent in pushing for the Army to compete its new rifle procurement is not to steer them toward any one particular product - only the best one.

Then why isn't the Masada, XCR in it?

God. I think it would be great if they said "hey guys, you got a rifle send it in and we'll check it out."
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Wish AZ had a Senator like that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top