Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2004 6:58:39 PM EDT
I got this gun dirt cheap from a local dealer. What I want to know is will it be safe to use 2&3/4 inch magnum shells in it? I cant find anything on the net about this gun & I dont wanna blow my hand off .

On the barrel it says RIOT 18-7 MODEL K-120 PROOF TESTED 12GA 2 3/4" CHAMBER.

All I was told was that this was a cleveland pd shotgun 30 years ago. The action works fine but the finish is ugly as hell .

Thanks in advance for any information.
Link Posted: 11/20/2004 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this the Model A or B Hi Standard where it's in a bullpup configuration or does it have a standard stock?  If it's an A or B I'd just shoot standard 2 3/4" shells as it's an older design and a Magnum would probably hurt like hell with that curved metal butt/arm stock it has.
Link Posted: 11/20/2004 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#2]
No its a regular pump style gun not a bullpup.
Link Posted: 11/21/2004 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#3]
High Standard made a number of excellent pump and auto shotguns up until the company folded.

The shotgun's were usually sold as "Flite King" "Deluxe" and "Supermatic" models.

Quality was always good, especially on the pump guns, and many were sold to police departments.

These will handle any 2 3/4" shells including Magnum, but you might NOT want to shoot steel shot, since these guns were discontinued before steel was introduced.  There MIGHT be a possibility that steel could damage the barrel.

Parts and some accessories are available from Gun Parts Corporation, who bought all the High Standard parts when the company folded.
www.e-gunparts.com
Link Posted: 11/21/2004 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
High Standard made a number of excellent pump and auto shotguns up until the company folded.

The High Standard pump I had was a total PS. When it got hot, the firing pin would lock up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top