Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/26/2019 2:44:43 PM EDT
Someone said Chris Adams sold off Adams Industries to another company??

Anyone have details?
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 8:00:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess no one wants to share.  There is another thread, where I suspect the guy is referring to them, not being willing or able to deliver product.  So if that turns out to be them, it would explain why the guy couldn't get his order.  If the company was cash poor and couldn't buy housings or whatever from their vendors, it would make sense if it was sold off.  Dunno.  Pure speculation.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#2]
@Pbjunkiee and @Diz I just read in the FB groups that they were bought out and the new owners have been trying to refund people... So I guess it's official.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Pbjunkiee and @Diz I just read in the FB groups that they were bought out and the new owners have been trying to refund people... So I guess it's official.
View Quote
Any information if the new owners will produce the Paladin?
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Any information if the new owners will produce the Paladin?
View Quote
No idea. Chris is acting like he is still working on that... As far as I know the new owners have only been working on refunding money for undelivered product. It's a giant clusterfuck whatever is going on there. I've seen a bunch if people say they ordered stuff back in October/November with nothing to show. At least $25k worth of product from the posts I have seen so far...
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Not surprised at all. It was a nightmare dealing with Chris Adams. There are plenty of complaints out there about the guy.

I knew his shenanigans could not go on forever.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I heard it was Denali Vision lol
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

[/b]

I'm sure that's probably not all.

Wonder where all the "insiders" were on this?

Reason #25 why a business shouldn't charge upfront for product that it won't ship immediately.
View Quote
Guaranteed that $25k is just the tip of the iceberg.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 10:33:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Many of the vendors have been pushing RNVG's and DTNVG's pretty hard lately. As a non-insider, we were kind of thinking something might be up with AI - either AB was screwing him around with his orders as they prioritize the RNVG, or something else. Early on, I couldn't understand why AB would even push the RNVG, because it felt like a complete infringement upon the Sentinel design, and I felt that was in poor taste since they were his manufacturer.

Now, I am wondering if there is more to that story, because AB has always been excellent with letting me know build times when I order directly through them.

There were lots of vendors who made $ selling Sentinels, and I wouldn't call any of them insiders. They are a good design and I hope whoever bought Chris' company can turn things around and continue to sell them. Options are good.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 10:49:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm one of the buyers who has been waiting since late last year. Chris and his associates have blatantly lied to us about delivering what we payed for. Now that multiple people are requesting refunds and someone in the FB group posted their phone # they've been ducking calls, only to later say they are "trying to get to people" and to forward them contact info. A couple people said they have been told a cashier's check will be in the mail this week, but I fully don't expect to see my unit delivered or money refunded. We'll see how this goes
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm one of the buyers who has been waiting since late last year. Chris and his associates have blatantly lied to us about delivering what we payed for. Now that multiple people are requesting refunds and someone in the FB group posted their phone # they've been ducking calls, only to later say they are "trying to get to people" and to forward them contact info. A couple people said they have been told a cashier's check will be in the mail this week, but I fully don't expect to see my unit delivered or money refunded. We'll see how this goes
View Quote
Man, that’s terrible news. I hope this gets cleared up soon.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 12:20:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
The company didn't fold, it was sold. You should get either your cash back or the product you ordered. I personally would not settle for less. I just hope the new owners had some idea of how many outstanding orders there were and that it somehow does not invalidate the sale. I've also heard rumors that they had outstanding bills with some vendors, as well, but its all just rumors.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 1:26:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I had the same issue a few years ago. I ordered one of the screw in filters and had to chase him to get it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I had the same issue a few years ago. I ordered one of the screw in filters and had to chase him to get it.
View Quote
I spent years tying to get him to deliver on some of those 3d filters.  I messaged him probably once or twice a month trying to get him to sell me some but it was always, "I'm sick I'll get back to you tomorrow," excuse after excuse and tomorrow kept coming and going.  He even used the "I have a lady friend over" excuse multiple times lol.

I hate to say it but he was never good at communication.  I knew that since day one.  I saw countless people post about how bad he was for communication but all I could do was sit back and say I told you so.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Do we know what this means in regards to spare/repair parts for sentinels in the unlikely case something breaks?
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Do we know what this means in regards to spare/repair parts for sentinels in the unlikely case something breaks?
View Quote
AB Nightvision produces the housings, so you should have no problems with parts.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Still wondering who all the insiders were on this that somehow had all the secret squirrel info.
View Quote
I don't think anyone knew about this. Only the people trying to buy stuff, but they weren't aware of the scale of this issue.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Chris at one time had the Pitbull as “his” product
but did not pay AB on time and lost that as well.
I am sure this was more along those lines.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 9:11:43 PM EDT
[#24]
As a reseller, I don't know if I'd want to touch Sentinels until Adams gets their shit together, unless I could purchase them direct from AB and Adams just gets a royalty check or something. Honestly, the RNVG meets the same need, so why even take the risk, and pay more to do it, at that?

I love my Sentinels and feel very fortunate that I somehow got 2 housings shipped to me in during this debacle - granted it took 5 months, but they did show up.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 9:01:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Still wondering who all the insiders were on this that somehow had all the secret squirrel info.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

[/b]

I'm sure that's probably not all.

Wonder where all the "insiders" were on this?

Reason #25 why a business shouldn't charge upfront for product that it won't ship immediately.
Guaranteed that $25k is just the tip of the iceberg.
You keep looking for the "insiders"; I'm wondering/curious if TNVC bought out AI????.

Sam wants to help AI customers with the new owners as well.

Just wondering ;)
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#27]
So I'm one of the people who got screwed by Chris; he alleged to me over the phone that a large defense contractor purchased Adams.  I later heard from one of the individuals who was promised a refund check, he said that he was contacted by someone who identified themselves as being from Applied Defense Technologies - I can't deny or confirm but that is what I have been presented.  At this point no one is picking up the phone and we are all kind of sitting with our junk in our hands - I did go back and forth with one of Chris' sales reps via DM and he offered me his personal set of Sentinels but I wasn't too keen on taking his personal property; I appreciate the gesture but I paid for a brand new unit and expect such.

It's a crap situation and honestly I hope this all comes back to Chris in one form or another so he can see gets a taste of his own medicine.  Many of us already have it in with our credit card companies for charge-backs on the amount spent.

To quote John Hammond, "I don't blame people for their mistakes, but I do ask that they pay for them"
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I spent years tying to get him to deliver on some of those 3d filters.  I messaged him probably once or twice a month trying to get him to sell me some but it was always, "I'm sick I'll get back to you tomorrow," excuse after excuse and tomorrow kept coming and going.  He even used the "I have a lady friend over" excuse multiple times lol.

I hate to say it but he was never good at communication.  I knew that since day one.  I saw countless people post about how bad he was for communication but all I could do was sit back and say I told you so.
View Quote
i have a set of those filters and it was a pia to get them , ended up getting them from another company

what a mess the current situation sounds like
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#30]
what really irritates me is that adams went out of his way to call out Aaron Fouraker about not getting back to people when Aaron had legit health issues of his own to content with (not that it justifies it in any way).
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
what really irritates me is that adams went out of his way to call out Aaron Fouraker about not getting back to people when Aaron had legit health issues of his own to content with (not that it justifies it in any way).
View Quote
lol he is a hypocrite
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#32]
How do those work? As advertised?

Quoted:
i have a set of those filters and it was a pia to get them , ended up getting them from another company

what a mess the current situation sounds like
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 12:47:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Saw this on FB:

Adams Industries is being purchased by Applied Defense Technologies. ADT has elected to assume AI’s debts and open orders rather than allow the customers to be left in the cold. Typically that means that the entire acquisition process must be completed—a process which might take up to 6mos or longer—before anyone gets either product or payment. In good faith, ADT is aggressively pursuing AI’s customers, suppliers and distributors who have open accounts and is fulfilling their requirement out of ADT’s bottom line. ADT believes in top-notch delivery; under-promising and over-delivering. We will, therefore, assume the financial risk to ensure no one is damaged from their prior dealings with Adams Industries.

There is alot more to it, but man people are still getting dicked around. They got me 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#34]
AB Nightvision letting us know that this is all on Adams Industries lol.

Link Posted: 4/4/2019 10:37:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:15:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Chris blamed many of the delays on AB in my personal dealings with him. Citing they hadn't shipped things yet. I am now guessing that he simply hadn't paid them, which is more likely to have held up his orders.

So AI under the management of Chris Adams sounds like a complete mess. I always thought he was GTG, and had no idea the delays I was facing were universal with the rest of his customer base and even his suppliers. What a huge pain in the ass.

Does anyone know the details with the Sentinel Housings? IE Does AI own a patent or licensing on them? AB is the manufacturer, so would it be possible that AB could continue to produce the Sentinel Housing and ship them direct to the various vendors without any involvement of AI, or even phase it out entirely and only build RNVG's?
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 3:55:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
How do those work? As advertised?
View Quote
they definitely add a contrasting effect that helps with depth perception , or making things look "full" instead of "flat".  i would have liked to of tried the cnvd with the red and green phosphor tubes to see the color effects.

here's an old thread from a couple of years ago.  there's some pics in there but it's really hard to explain the effect unless your looking through both tubes at the same time.  i like them and still use them.

link
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#38]
I imagine they reduce performance similar to a amber filter?

Thanks for the link. I missed that post don't remember seeing it. Much appreciated.

Quoted:
they definitely add a contrasting effect that helps with depth perception , or making things look "full" instead of "flat".  i would have liked to of tried the cnvd with the red and green phosphor tubes to see the color effects.

here's an old thread from a couple of years ago.  there's some pics in there but it's really hard to explain the effect unless your looking through both tubes at the same time.  i like them and still use them.

link
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

link
View Quote
That's a cool thread. Glad you linked it.

Has anyone tried the cnvd first hand? Does it actually use a red phosphor tube or just a red filtered WP tube? A true red phosphor tube has been on my wish list for a while.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Mmmm red p

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 4:57:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I imagine they reduce performance similar to a amber filter?

Thanks for the link. I missed that post don't remember seeing it. Much appreciated.
View Quote
they are filters so they do sap some light , i've never used amber filters but probably similar
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 4:58:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#44]
@MrPlayer did you have one of those red phosphor tubes a while back?
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#45]
I’d be happy to share some photos and thoughts on the christmas-vision from some time I had with them as a loaner, but prooooobably better for a new thread. Feel free to tag me in one if y’all wanna revisit them.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 12:28:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Quoted:
I’d be happy to share some photos and thoughts on the christmas-vision from some time I had with them as a loaner, but prooooobably better for a new thread. Feel free to tag me in one if y’all wanna revisit them.
View Quote
Exactly this. I had a pair on loan from a friend.
We traded an all expense paid fully guided Trophy Bill Mouse hunt for some time with “Old School 3D Glasses NVGs”
Happy to talk and maybe even dig up old pics and video in another thread.

Big question is are all my Sentinel housings worth more, less, or the same with this new news???
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
We traded an all expense paid fully guided Trophy Bill Mouse hunt for some time with “Old School 3D Glasses NVGs”

Big question is are all my Sentinel housings worth more, less, or the same with this new news???
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Utterly useless. Send them to me for proper disposal. I’ll pay shipping.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 1:58:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Guys, I'm pretty worried right now. I wired adams $**** for PVS15s WP as a dealer for a client just under a month ago and still haven't heard anything but the run around.

I didn't see this until i started to hear un settling things.

Does anyone have any updates on getting money back or a product?
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 3:17:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Guys, I'm pretty worried right now. I wired adams $**** for PVS15s WP as a dealer for a client just under a month ago and still haven't heard anything but the run around.

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
@krzybone call he number in the attached picture. I might even have the guy's email. This will get you in touch with the new owners who have been writing cashiers checks to people who got screwed.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top