Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2009 5:44:39 PM EDT
I have the 11-87 SP in 12ga 3" mag. its my duck/turkey gun (it's approx 10yrs old). Does anyone make a 18-20" barrel for one to convert to home defense and is their a magazine tube extension for it as well. I looked at Brownells but couldn't find anything.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Brownells has the mag extensions I just looked at one for my 11-87.  Under the search on there home page type in 11-87 mag extension,  it shoud bring up 5 or so listings.  Sorry, I don't know how to post a link.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:55:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Remington does make a 18 to 20 inch barrel, but it will be difficult to find since they are sold under the police line. The 11-87P is the only tactical form of the 11-87, the 1100 has a tactical version that is made under the civilian line, but the barrels aren't interchangeable.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:55:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a 1187 special purpose that has a factory 21" barrel threaded for Remchoke.  I don't think this is a current production item, but you may want to call Remington and see if they have any barrels left over.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:51:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a 1187 special purpose that has a factory 21" barrel threaded for Remchoke.  I don't think this is a current production item, but you may want to call Remington and see if they have any barrels left over.

Same here. I have an 11-87 SPS thats around 10 years old, and it came with a 21" remchoke barrel. I think the new ones for turkey hunting are 23" long.
On a side note, I just added the remington shurshot stock on my gun and I absolutely love it. It's like a totally different gun.
It seems like it comes to the shoulder a lot easier, and just handles a lot nicer than before.
It looks like this  http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/model_11-87/model_11-87_sportsman_ShurShot_synthetic_turkey.asp
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:22:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Currently the Remington catalog does not have a tactical 11-87, it does have an 1100 tactical. If you look in the Police catalog however, they do make an 11-87P.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top