Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2011 7:35:00 PM EDT
I'm a techie, so any cool advancements in gear, are things I'd like to hear about.  Men have been killing and eating deer since the stone age, so yeah, my current gear works.  I'm interested in new stuff.  Current setup is a Hoyt HavocTech, circa 2004.  PSE carbon express arrows at 27", 4-fletched with 5" feathers, through a whisker-biscuit, tipped with slick-trick 100s. Caliper release, with a string loop.
Shot today, first time in 7 years.  Anything I should look into in the gear dept.?  Shooting at 25 yards, form is a bit shaky, but not horrible.  BTW, those feathers have been in a bag for 7 years, so a re-fletch is probably my next step.  Not sure they make this arrowshaft anymore, so I might have to just get a dozen new shafts, fletch, and go from there.

Link Posted: 7/25/2011 10:57:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Good shootin'!!!

What did you miss?  Don't know how much you've read up on what's available to archers these days, but a few products that might help you as much as they did me...

Range finder - for obvious reasons.

Luminok(sp?) nocks - They tell you without a doubt where your arrow went.  That helps me know how long I need to wait b4 going after the deer.  Of course, it is nice when they drop within sight from a double lung to eliminate all the guesswork.

Rinehart 18 -1 Target - One year warantee and you shouldn't be able to wear it out in two, maybe three years.

ThermaCell - Mosquito repellant.  If you hunt early season, this is a product that really works.

2" Blazer fletchings - they last forever in my whisker-buscuit
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome back,
I picked up a new PSE Bowmadness last year and love it, went 3 for 4 last year. (4th buck jump the string and went just over his back.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top