Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/26/2004 9:49:00 AM EDT
whats everyones oppinion i have a chance to get one all set up never fired w/aimpoint comp ml & qwik detach mount along with a surefire light mounted and laser W/ switch i have a few 15s but not a z-m i gotta say one thing this thing is sweet looks like a solid peice guy ows me some cash for working on his car he has like 2k in the gun he owes me like a grand must have a 1,000 in accesories alone but if the weapon itself is shit then it aint worth it ..........thanks for any input
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 9:57:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I've read two reviews of these guns in the past and both were positive and it is a sweet looking peice.  If I had the oppritunity that you have now I think I would jump on it.  Are you going to have to put up some more cash to get this rifle?
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 10:05:53 AM EDT
[#2]
nope no cash . i do work for this guy all the time ... he has owed me the money for a month now and is getting a divorce he said he wont have no money for like 6 months lawyer fees ya know ... he pulls up and knows i collect ar,s and 45s i feel bad takin it but its his idea im not worried about the money i can wait but its a sweet weapon he said he nevr fired it and probly didnt he has a bunch of ar,s but only one z-m im gonna wait for some more replys do they have a web site ... i tinted a few cars for him and did a remote starter so i have 80$ rapped in the 1,000 he owes me its all labor money
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 10:18:25 AM EDT
[#3]
ZM Weapons are really solid quality guns. I know Al Zitta the owner and  all his work is top notch. If the guy is offering the gun, take it. Business is business. Don't feel bad about him owing you. You need to make a living and I'm sure he understands that too.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#4]
oh yea buisness is buisness for sure ... he said he paid a shitload for it but never shot one and between both of us we dont know any owners of one ... but it seems like people are saying they are nice working weapons ... maybe someone knows the name of the website so i can look at the options list if any and the price list also he has no receipt it is lost ... but i think im gonna call him and go do some paperwork at the gun shop .... thanks for the input guys
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Posted by 1quik45:

wont have no money

AHH, double negative!
j00r p0st was like a big run on dude, grammar check.

I've heard good things about it, although I don't remember exactly what they changed in the design.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 11:44:42 AM EDT
[#6]
yea when it comes to grammar time. id rather be working or at the range .
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#7]
what wrong with wont have no money thats propper grammar from inner city peepshippie.gif
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Spelled 'proper' wrong!!
Good grammar just makes you sound smarter, that's all. Unless, of course, you're dyslexic.
Dont give the antis a reason to doubt your intelligence...you bunch of rednecks!!!
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Does the ZMWeapons line have a gas piston, or does it just have a forward operating rod and still blow all the gases back into the bolt and carrier like the AR15?
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
oh yea buisness is buisness for sure ... he said he paid a shitload for it but never shot one and between both of us we dont know any owners of one ... but it seems like people are saying they are nice working weapons ... maybe someone knows the name of the website so i can look at the options list if any and the price list also he has no receipt it is lost ... but i think im gonna call him and go do some paperwork at the gun shop .... thanks for the input guys

Website for ZM Weapons

they are not cheap rifles...

Impact guns is selling a ZM package for $2,143.00

Impact Guns- LR300 $2,143.00

and there is usually a waiting list for these rifles,they do limited production runs.

Here is their basic price list (they sell them in kit form)

LR-300 MLR Military/law rifle - semi auto 11.5" Barrel $1975.00

LR-300 MLR Military/law rifle - select fire 11.5" Barrel $1995.00

LR-300 MLK Military/law kit - semi auto 11.5" Barrel $1575.00

LR-300 MLK Military/law kit - select fire 11.5" Barrel $1595.00

LR-300 SRF Sport rifle - fixstock - crowned barrel $1885.00

LR-300 SRF Sport rifle - fixstock - comped barrel $1995.00

LR-300 SK Sport kit - fixstock - crowned barrel $1485.00

LR-300 SK Sport kit - fixstock - comped barrel $1595.00

LR-300 SK Sport kit - Pre-Ban - folding stock $1565.00

LR-300 SK Sport kit - Post-Ban - folding stock crowned barrel - horizontal grip $1565.00

LR-300 SK Sport kit - Post-Ban - folding stock comped barrel - horizontal grip $1675.00

TAKE IT!
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#11]
wow, those look friggin cool!
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 1:47:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
wow, those look friggin cool!

Fits on a standard AR15 lower receiver, but they have done away with the buffer spring (uses forward operating rod) so it can take a true side folder stock, not just a collapsible like the standard AR15 design.
It is very,very cool
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#13]
just got off the phone its a done deal monday morning we do the paperwork ...pre-ban 16" with a folder & a bunch of goodies . thanks for the help   and the spelling lesson
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Lucky bastard.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 4:59:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#16]
You'll be happy with it.  As a former ZM owner, I can assure you
ZM uses a modified bolt carrier with the gas tube staked on the carrier, and places the spring over the gas tube, thus eliminating the buffer spring and the buffer tube.
Otherwise gas still gets blown directly to the bolt (standard AR bolt).  The folding stock is very sturdy, and in my opinion overly heavy, which adds to the already increased weight but also serves to balance the weapon.  If yours has the optional folding AND length adjustable stock, you're in luck.  It's very well made and has the best of both worlds.  Before the advent of Crane and Magpull stocks, its asking price was shocking, but not anymore.
The handguard lacks the all-rail capability, with a tri-mount you can mount a flash light and an OTAL laser, but towards the front there's no rail on top.

Before you ask, I sold mine because I rarely shot it, so I sold it to a friend that does shoot it.  The weight and lack of rail handguard or handguard with better heat dissipation never bothered me.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I have never heard anything bad spoken about a ZM-Weapons AR15. They are always spoken about in glowing terms. They are expensive and worth every penny. The manufacturer always seems to be backordered on firearms for the civilian market which make them hard to come by.

I have long lusted after a pre-ban with the folding adjustable stock.

If you have a chance to own one, go for it.

Link Posted: 6/26/2004 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does the ZMWeapons line have a gas piston, or does it just have a forward operating rod and still blow all the gases back into the bolt and carrier like the AR15?

They do NOT have gas pistons; just a forward op rod and spring to allow a folding stock.

-Troy

Thanks for clarifying that, their website was a bit vague about it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
just got off the phone its a done deal monday morning we do the paperwork ...pre-ban 16" with a folder & a bunch of goodies . thanks for the help   and the spelling lesson

Sounds to me like you got a good investment firearm. You easily could turn around and sell it to an individual to recoup your business money. An individual like me, for instance....
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 8:53:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I've had my ZM for a while now and still love it.

Enjoy.
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 5:02:42 AM EDT
[#21]
thanks for the input guys. oh and the folder is not colapsable its all good though going to the range to try her out. one more question can i legaly put a beta mag on this gun im figuring yes cause its a preban? thanks for the website info also
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 7:13:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
can i legaly put a beta mag on this gun im figuring yes cause its a preban? thanks for the website info also

You can use any pre ban beta mag in ANY gun.
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 8:40:36 AM EDT
[#23]
damm for a new weapon this thing is right on with the aimpoint comp ml bore sighted only it was makin sub 3 inch groups with some tweakin and time to get use to it i see it makin 2 inch groups maybe less. i love the weight of it and the recoil is real light.
Link Posted: 6/28/2004 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#24]
what a deal this guy gave me .... brand new preban zm-15w/ 16" barrel w/ flash hider aimpoint comp ml sight w/ qwik detach mount , surefire light & mount , b-square lazer & mount , 4-30 rd clips , soft case with mag holders and 10 boxes of federail boatail ammo .  just got back from doin the transfer damm this was a sweet deal end to end guy said he has almost 3k invested i told him il give him a free tint job on another car along with the 1 k he owed me damm i almost feel bad . one more to add to the safe . thanks for the help and info guys hippie.gif
Link Posted: 6/28/2004 7:22:14 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
what a deal this guy gave me .... brand new preban zm-15w/ 16" barrel w/ flash hider aimpoint comp ml sight w/ qwik detach mount , surefire light & mount , b-square lazer & mount , 4-30 rd clips , soft case with mag holders and 10 boxes of federail boatail ammo .  just got back from doin the transfer damm this was a sweet deal end to end guy said he has almost 3k invested i told him il give him a free tint job on another car along with the 1 k he owed me damm i almost feel bad . one more to add to the safe . thanks for the help and info guys

you got a good deal. He would have been better off to sell it for a couple of thousand dollars then pay you what he owed your, but then money just passes through some peoples hands.  I wouldn't feel bad if I were you. You lket him barter with you instead of paying cash, that more than most of his debtors will do.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
 As a former ZM owner,

Aww DUFFY, Say it ain't SO!!!!!????!

I love my ZM and wish like hell I had it over here in IRAQ.  You 'may' never have any use for the folding stock, but, if you NEED it once, that is enough!

I would classify NEED as being in body armor and kit, stuffed into a hastily uparmored vehicle and trying to cover your sector out a window.  That 5.5" 'collapsing' stock on the M4 takes up some space in tight confines!!!

ZM is expensive (well not for some!) but is WELL worth it!

Mine:
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top