Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/11/2003 5:24:46 PM EDT
i'm reading some stuff online, and it talks about adjusting the front sight post. ive never had to do that on any other rifle i've ever shot, what gives? probably a newb question but bear with me! i know the whole bit about setting the rear sight elevation at the 8/3 mark and all that other jazz, but once its at that mark, is that when i play with the front sight?

Thanks guys and gals.

Dagger
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#2]
The rear sight will adjust left right.  The front sight adjust high or low.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks!  but....

do i still loosen that allen screw so i can lower the rear sight an extra 2 clicks? and then i play with the front sight? or am i mixing IBZ and some other type of zeroing? i'm lost.

Dagger
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#4]
You set the rear sight based on whatever type of zero you are doing. Then, you shoot and adjust the FRONT sight.

This is because the rear sight has markings that mean something and will be used to adjust for range when shooting longer distances. If you adjusted the rear sight to find your elevation zero, your markings would cease to be relevant.

~AbM
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 3:20:21 AM EDT
[#5]
ah yes, it all makes sense now. thanks for the help fellas.

Dagger
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top