Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/4/2004 8:33:39 AM EST
Has anyone used this ammo to take a deer?I didnt see it listed in the reference. Its 64 gr Winchester Super X power-point. I hope to hunt small(under 200 pound whitetail) deer this season coming and I would really like to get a deer to prove that I can kill one with a Bushmaster.I paid 16.95 for a box of 20 rds.Any comments? Thank you. Shane
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:49:25 AM EST
I have tried reloading with that bullet and the factory ammo you mentioned. It is consistantly the least accurate load in any of the eight 223/5.56 rifles I own. However, It is one of the best choices foryour application. The Speer 70 grain or the new 65 grain SGK may be worth a close look frist.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:52:12 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:25:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By Troy:

Originally Posted By 22three:
Has anyone used this ammo to take a deer?I didnt see it listed in the reference. Its 64 gr Winchester Super X power-point. I hope to hunt small(under 200 pound whitetail) deer this season coming and I would really like to get a deer to prove that I can kill one with a Bushmaster.I paid 16.95 for a box of 20 rds.Any comments? Thank you. Shanehr

It's mentioned in the Ammo Oracle as being a top choice for deer (in this caliber, of course)...

-Troy

Ok cool Thanks for the help guys.Alot of good info in the Oracle.
Top Top