Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/22/2006 3:40:27 PM EDT
I linked into this somehow from ar15.com.  OK, it's a mirror site.  BUT, was this site created so that the boss at work only sees my computer logged at "www.jobrelatedstuff.com" rather than "ar15.com"?  
If so, THEN GREAT!!  HOW WONDERFUL  HOW SNEAKY I LOVE IT!  I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#1]
You have now entered the twilight zone...  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#2]
What is this ar15.com you speak of?

Travis
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#3]
A mirror site for AR15.com so that your boss at work cannot see that you are logged into AR15.com!!!!  Yippee!   Hey, hours spent on AR15.com. er, ah, I mean www.jobrelatedstuff.com actually makes me a happier employee, and we all know that happier employees are more productive employees!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:08:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Just need to change the ad pics to show computers not guns for the homepage.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just need to change the ad pics to show computers not guns for the homepage.

Yeah they use "Web Sense" and after one 10 min. visit they had it blocked within the hour.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:28:59 PM EDT
[#6]
a lot of .mil and .gov admins have it aliased to arfcom...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
a lot of .mil and .gov admins have it aliased to arfcom...

but not www.arfcom.com

Not yet that is..
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#8]
My favorite is www.McUzi.com

I love that guy
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:24:12 PM EDT
[#9]
My employer just upgraded their gateway last week, weaponforums.com used to work but now I just cruise jobrelatedstuff.com and so far so good. Some of the policies are just ridiculious here, I could not get to parts of the BATFE site due to a policy violation stating "weapons related site".
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn, I'm glad I work where I do...

AR and other gun pictures (especially Stickman's pics) adorn my wallpapers wherever I log in at the firehouse (7 computers to choose from) and I am on ARFCOM almost constantly.  Gun talk abounds and although I am the only EBR guy, the medic supervisor on my shift is quickly getting the disease.

Even if they would ban gun sites on the company's computers, we have already been told that we can use our laptops to hit the stations's wireless system and can use that.  (We already do that now for sites that may be blocked by our security.  For some reason, we can't even get into some of FEMA's site, so the laptops come in handy.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top