Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/12/2003 12:52:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/13/2003 1:21:37 PM EDT by firefighter2904]
well after waiting exactly 4 weeks, they cashed my check for my SBR tax stamp. now hopefully it wont be a terribly long wait till it gets into the system and is reviewed!. when is a good time frame after the check is cashed to call atf and find out who the examiner is? thanx jason

Picture of my upper set :)
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 1:47:59 PM EDT
firefighter2904, If you would, e-mail me. I have some questions about your SBR quest. Thanks, Bob Bowhntr6pt@aol.com
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:42:40 PM EDT
I tracked my app and it arrived in Wash, DC on May 7th. Let me know how long it takes, please......Who are you going to have chop and crown????
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:57:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/12/2003 2:59:55 PM EDT by scottfn308]
Originally Posted By firefighter2904: well after waiting exactly 4 weeks, they cashed my check for my SBR tax stamp. now hopefully it wont be a terribly long wait till it gets into the system and is reviewed!. when is a good time frame after the check is cashed to call atf and find out who the examiner is? thanx jason Picture of my upper set :) [url]http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/oswforum01/attachment.php?s=&postid=27817[/url]
View Quote
I would wait about 90 days as this is normal. I can dig the ATF number for you if you want, but it is on their website [url]www.atf.gov[/url]. Call this number and have your SN# handy. Or just try here. [url]http://www.atf.gov/press/breakingnews/fy01/nfa.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 4:43:40 PM EDT
scottfn308 I have the nukber but thanx for the offer. i was just curious how long after they cashed the check would be an appropriate time to call and see where they where at with it Bowhntr6pt sent you an email per your request! GIDDS-45 chop and crown ?, guess i am lost on this one. the picture that i linked is the upper i purchased from a guy on the site
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:21:28 PM EDT
I couldn't get the link to open.....I wasn't sure if it was a standard upper or one that you were going to have cut down......
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:21:01 PM EDT
link fixed and pic included...also guys still could use some answers
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 2:33:02 PM EDT
I'd call about 4-6 weeks after your check was cashed. Then call as wanted (bi-weekly) until they tell you your "pending". They've really slowed down recently (I guess vacations) and you can expect to wait about 90 days from "pending". Then it will be "approved". You can then wait a few days to weeks to actually get your stamped approved form in hand. I know of what I speak, I currently have 4 items awaiting approval in different stages.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:12:15 PM EDT
thanx v188, i so wish things where quicker. you get real antsy when you have all the parts and cant mate them :(
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:15:07 PM EDT
Nice upper.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:39:10 AM EDT
Once check is cashed you should call 14-30 days later to make sure it for into the system. If it is in the system, wait 90+ days. If it is NOT in there, Call every 7-10 days to see if they find it. After 30-60 days, resubmit it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:45:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/14/2003 5:14:31 AM EDT by Gecko]
My check was cashed about 60 days after application was received. Four months later I got my paperwork (stamp) from them, and then it was only after numerous calls. BTW, if you have not already done so you should check out the new lettering/stamping requirements for SBR's. Not good. Also, I'm sure the picture you posted is not your SBR upper, but of someone elses who has a stamp in their possesion already!!! "Constructive Intent" rule may apply here. Just be cautious of what you say in your posts until you get your stamp.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:28:07 AM EDT
Can you post a link to the new lettering/stamp-ing requirements? I can't seem to find them. I have my form 1. I want to make sure it goes through smoothly.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:23:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/14/2003 9:31:30 AM EDT by Gecko]
fcpd28: This has nothing to do with the submission of your Form 1. However, after you get your stamp back and are then allowed to purcase or manufacture your SBR (remember you can't have an SBR or parts therof on hand prior to getting your stamp or the Constructive Intent Rule applies) then it must be done. I don't have the time now to run them done. However, look for 27 CFR Part 179, Sec. 179.102, sub para (2) (i)-(iv). Essentually, it says that the gun must be engraved, cast or stamped with certain information to a depth of .005". Much of this will already be on the lower. However, as an SBR you must add your name (or recognized abbreviation) and your state and city (or recognized abbreviation). Normally, this is engraved or stamped on the barrel under the handguard, but I hearing a RUMOR that it can no longer be put under the handguard. I'm trying to run this rumor down on the Subguns board. Those guys have the best knowledge of NFA weapons. This is bull, I know, but I don't want to have my SBR's confiscated by some local cop or the BATF. I'm also assuming all you new SBR & NFA people are aware of what has to be done prior to taking the NFA weapon out of state.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:18:03 PM EDT
Your mention of local cops reminds me of something. Of the 70 or so sworn officers in my department, maybe 5 have a clue about NFA weapons. I have other registered weapons (supressed) and always keep my paperwork handy. I have only recently started looking at making a short 9mm ar15. At least getting the chief to sign is easy.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:28:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Gecko: Essentually, it says that the gun must be engraved, cast or stamped with certain information to a depth of .005".
View Quote
Actually it is .003" with a minimum height of 1/16". .005" was a proposal. A friend had to correct me on this also. See [url]http://www.triplebreakproducts.com/FAQ/class_2_info.htm[/url]
Normally, this is engraved or stamped on the barrel under the handguard, but I hearing a RUMOR that it can no longer be put under the handguard. I'm trying to run this rumor down on the Subguns board. Those guys have the best knowledge of NFA weapons.
View Quote
It is NOT a rumor, but a recent requirement by BATFE. Go to BATFE website and look around for recent changes involving markings - They must now be clearly visible.
I'm also assuming all you new SBR & NFA people are aware of what has to be done prior to taking the NFA weapon out of state.
View Quote
What does one need to do to take an NFA AOW out of state? What about an NFA suppressor? :-) Enjoy!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:15:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/17/2003 2:16:07 AM EDT by LotBoy]
Sweet, Dude!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:14:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/17/2003 3:23:23 AM EDT by Gecko]
budam: I believe its Form 5320.20. I am ASSUMING that it would apply to a can as well, since they are NFA items. Am told it takes about 4-6 weeks to process. Glad you were able to confirm new changes to marking. Been so busy at work have not had the time to research this issue. Thanks! I wonder if markings applied before the change to "clearly visible" are grandfathered?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:30:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Gecko: I believe its Form 5320.20. I am ASSUMING that it would apply to a can as well, since they are NFA items. Am told it takes about 4-6 weeks to process.
View Quote
AOWs and mufflers do NOT require 5320.20.
I wonder if markings applied before the change to "clearly visible" are grandfathered?
View Quote
One would think so, but...
Top Top