Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2010 4:33:34 PM EDT
will a subpar bcg affect accuracy? If so how? I dont see why it should.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#1]
It shouldn't as long as it doesn't make your rifle go kaboom... Also, as long as it keeps cycling.

People worry about a quality BCG because it's one of the primary points of failure (specifically the ejector or bolt itself) of the lower quality manufacturers.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:38:50 PM EDT
[#2]
No.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:26:37 PM EDT
[#3]
A subpar BCG will fail or wear prematurely. It will affect cycling more than accuracy. A kaboom caused by premature BCG failure has been known to cause extreme excretory malfunction.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Slight variations in machining on the bolt may cause a different lockup than another?

I'm not an expert though....

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, in bolt rifles the consistant lock up, and making sure all surfaces on the bolt and reciever are at the correct angle makes all the difference.  I assumed that is why semi autos don't seem to be quite as accurate. Most semi's are either military guns, or hunting guns.  However there are no semi autos made specifically for precision shooting so we are not really comparing apples to apples.   I have some very accurate AR's, and and accurate H&K and FN FAL.  I guess the way they are built is what makes the difference.   A bcg that has a lot of play or inconsistency could possibly cause less accuracy.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top