Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2003 10:32:56 AM EDT
I've got a BC CAM to mount an EOtech on an A2, and was wondering if this can be used in conjunction with a Surefire M500 weapon light. Will the EOTech interfere with the kill switch? Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#1]
BC CAM will work with M500a, but I don't think the ARMS #39 will fit because thge M500a is the same size as the M4 double heat shield handguard, and those will not work with the #39.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 11:17:49 AM EDT
[#2]
My Bushy has the SureFire 500A with a GG&G scout length rail. GG&G apparently contends that the SF 500 will work with their extended rail, but when I installed mine, the rail hit the rear of the upper handguard. I had to file approximately 1/8" inch off the rearmost 1 1/4" of the upper handguard to allow the rail to clear. I hated to do that to a brand new light, but there was no other way to install it.

So the answer to the question about the ARMS 38 may be "Yes, it will work IF you don't mind removing a small amount of material from the upper handguard." I haven't tried this with an ARMS 38, so SMG Lee may have knowledge about this question that I don't.....I would bow to his experience and knowledge.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#3]
NYCOP, you are way too kind. My experience is pretty kiddy stuff compare to lots of truly experience members on this board.  I thnk you for your compliment. [:)]

As far as using the #39, it will not allow you to co-witness the EOTech with your iron sights so mounting it for your M500 will be pointless if you need co-witness.

The BC CAM will work fine with your M500 because it is height adjustable.  Also the Precision Reflex mount is anoth that will work but I find the BC CAM a better choice. it is a bit tough to get it set up initially, but once dialed in, it is a functional, solid piece of tool.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:38:49 PM EDT
[#4]
not sure why i typed in the #39. I don't own one, nor do i plan to now that i have the BC-CAM ;)
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top