Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2003 2:21:24 PM EDT
I'm building a M4 type with a fixed magazine, the idea is to make it look like the real thing with all the evil features as a display piece.  I need to know whether the 16" M4 or shorty uppers like the ones from Bushmaster can still mount the M9 bayonet.  I recall reading somewhere that the 16" model doesn't mount the bayonet properly.  Any comments?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 2:37:06 PM EDT
[#1]
You're right.  A 16" barrel is too long.  A 14.5" barrel is needed to properly mount a bayonet.

Were I you, I'd consider moving out of California to a free state and own something you can actually shoot.  An M-4 is a very expensive "prop".

DG
OKC, OK
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#2]
You need an adapter to mount a bayonet on a 16" barrel.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:30:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Charlie @ [url]www.prebanarms.com[/url] sells a bayonet that will fit the 16" barrels. I bought a genunine Colt from him. He adds a piece to the back to make it work, I think he has someone mfg. them for him.
Kalifornia does suck, I am sorry that you have to live there.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 8:11:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually, it's a great place to live except for the gun control laws.  The other problem is the elitism, i.e. "the bay area is the best place in the world!"  People don't realize it's the same shit everywhere.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 8:34:15 AM EDT
[#5]
"Move out of CA" is always my goal, but my job, properties and friends are here, I don't know if anyone would move out of here just so he can be free to pursuit his hobby, it is after all, a hobby.  Unless you do it for a living like an FFL or manufacturer, moving out of here is hardly an option.
With the money I can make here, I'll just buy a place in Nevada, then I can buy whatever I want and store it there, go visit whenever I want until I retire, then move there permanently.  This in my opinion is the way to go, till then I'll stay and be a thorn in the liberal's flesh.  Just ask Lord Trader if he regrets moving away from his home for his hobby.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 10:30:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Very good points Duffy, you said it all.  I've been toying with the idea of getting Nevada residency to get class III items while keeping everything else in CA.  The idea is to "move" to Nevada for a year, get the stuff, then "move" back and leave everything in NV for weekends.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#7]
If you have a pre-ban, a 14.5" M4 barrel with a permanatly attached Phantom flash-hider will still mount a bayo, and be length legal.

Av.

EDIT: duh, I skimmed your post and didn't realise you are in CA building a new rifle.

Your SOL.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 11:18:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Further more, there's nothing I'd like better than not having to pay the inflated taxes in CA.  They treat us like crap until it's time to [s]ask[/s] make us to pay for their salary and mistakes, most politicians clearly don't have their constituents' interests in mind, just their own agenda.  Our vehicle registration will be TRIPLED, education and police will be cut, this all happens to one of the most productive and wealthy states in the union, it's utterly inconceivable.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Charlie @ [url]www.prebanarms.com[/url] sells a bayonet that will fit the 16" barrels. I bought a genunine Colt from him. He adds a piece to the back to make it work, I think he has someone mfg. them for him.
View Quote

Anyone have a pic of these bayonets?  I didn't see any on the website.

Any reviews?  Are they high quality and strong?

I might be seriously interested in these....

TIA

Corey
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Duffy are you voteing for Arnold or Mr. Savage?
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 6:36:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you have a pre-ban, a 14.5" M4 barrel with a permanatly attached Phantom flash-hider will still mount a bayo, and be length legal.

Av.

EDIT: duh, I skimmed your post and didn't realise you are in CA building a new rifle.

Your SOL.
View Quote

Why? for new style Kali "AR's" there are no AW restrictions. I have two 14.5" M4geries with Phantoms and tele-stocks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:07:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I had a major brain fart.

I suppose the fixed mag would remove the AW restrictions.

I'll shut up now.

Av.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't know where to find a pic, but I guess you could send Charlie an email & ask him if he has pics. You should be able to find his address on his website. www.prebanarms.com
Good luck, he is usually very prompt getting back to you.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

TIA

Corey
View Quote

Here you go!

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=15628[/img]

It is very high quality and strong.  I was pleased with it.  I got mine directly from prebanarms/Cuzco.  It was a brand new M7 to begin with and the workmanship on the adaptor and final product was top quality, no faults for me to see.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 4:34:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

TIA

Corey
View Quote

Here you go!

[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=15628[/url]

It is very high quality and strong.  I was pleased with it.  I got mine directly from prebanarms/Cuzco.  It was a brand new M7 to begin with and the workmanship on the adaptor and final product was top quality, no faults for me to see.
View Quote
Thanks Pal!!! Now I gotta spend more money![bounce]
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
and leave everything in NV for weekends.
View Quote

Yea.[;)]

Someone posted this awhile back.  Thanks for the info on where to get it!
[img]http://www.boomspeed.com/kisara/Bayonet16in3.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top