Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2010 11:18:50 PM EDT
because i keep a loaded mag near my rifle anf in an emergency i may forget to remove the cover. will storing it
loaded put stress on the polymer feed lips? or is it just for dirt, assuming i am in a dessert evironment?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:43:04 PM EDT
[#1]
i believe it's officially to alleviate stress on the feed lips, though i've stored pmags full for a long time with no cover with no adverse effects..

unofficially, so you can pop the top and be a badass
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:58:31 PM EDT
[#2]
oh no not this again...

try a little search on this subforum (go page by page in the Magazine Forum)...

you'll quickly find a LOT of threads on it.

MagPul says don't bother unofficially and verbally from their posts.  Documentation, depending on version, says both ways.  Folks who have'em are in two opposite camps.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:01:06 AM EDT
[#3]
If you don't cover them, what will you do when it's go time

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll go
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:22:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i believe it's officially to alleviate stress on the feed lips, though i've stored pmags full for a long time with no cover with no adverse effects..

unofficially, so you can pop the top and be a badass

COOLNESS!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top