Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2003 10:27:50 PM EDT
This is somewhat AR related...why not separate the FS section of the EE board into commercial and private?  It seems like the private ads are over-run by the commerical business ads.  Just wondering if this has been brought up in the past...it sure would make the lives of us private sellers much easier.  I know people have sold things there  (me included) but it would be nice to see two separate areas (basically commercial new stuff and used private stuff) unless anyone has an explanable reason why not.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 1:50:50 AM EDT
[#1]
i've sold a few rifles and uppers on there with no problem.  if they're priced low enough they'll sell.  

i think they should leave it as it is.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:26:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 7:21:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Now that's a cool reply from a dealer. I too would like it seperated. I'd still check out both of the forums, private and commercial. Thanks.....Chad

IBTL (maybe?)
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 7:46:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hello Armax, this topic has already been discussed in the members forum. A lot of folks besides yourself want to see this happen. I agree with you and think it is a good idea...

C4
View Quote

C4,
the only thing I see that's negative with splitting the EE, is that both dealers and individuals feed off each others traffic as the board is now constituted.

5sub
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I have thought of this before and was thinking it would be a good idea. I don't think that most of the dealers would be happy about it though. I think that anybody that cruises the EE checks out the private adds because you never know when you will run across a deal that you can't pass up. On the other hand most people check out the new adds when they need something. In other words the vendors that pay the site get allot more looks at their adds when the individual adds are mixed in. This is true in my case anyways. If I were a vendor I would want the individual adds mixed with my vendor adds. If AR-15 does a hit count on the adds right now say for a month and then seperates the adds you would be suprisesd how many less hits the vendor adds get.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:03:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have thought of this before and was thinking it would be a good idea. I don't think that most of the dealers would be happy about it though. I think that anybody that cruises the EE checks out the private adds because you never know when you will run across a deal that you can't pass up. On the other hand most people check out the new adds when they need something. In other words the vendors that pay the site get allot more looks at their adds when the individual adds are mixed in. This is true in my case anyways. If I were a vendor I would want the individual adds mixed with my vendor adds. If AR-15 does a hit count on the adds right now say for a month and then seperates the adds you would be suprisesd how many less hits the vendor adds get.
View Quote

Agree.

(That's what I was trying to say in my post above.)
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 2:39:45 PM EDT
[#7]
well I'm sure the vendors will have plenty of hits (heck, I like new stuff at great prices).  but it does discourage private sellers when your ad only shows up on the first page for a day.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

.............but it does discourage private sellers when your ad only shows up on the first page for a day.

View Quote

No simple solution and I can't disagree with your point above.

5sub
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top