User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2003 9:05:14 AM EDT
someone told me f.n.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There are a number of foundrys turning out uppers. Most of the makes out there are made in the same places. I've seen Anchor Harvey on many of RRA's uppers, lately.
View Quote

Roger on Anchor Harvey, and recently, CERRO.

The AH mark is a funky looking split A, and the CERRO mark is a keyhole w/three dots in it.
As far as I know, these foundries are just producing the raw forgings, and RR is finishing them, or having another outfit finish them. But one thing is sure; FN is NOT producing anything for them or anybody else in the commercial market.  Any vendor who tells you otherwise is BSing you.  FN is forbidden by government contract from making and/or selling any parts on the commercial market.

If you nail the "we have FN uppers" guys to the wall, they'll kind of mumble "Well, they're made by the same contractor that makes them for FN".  That does NOT make them FN parts, nor does it guarentee you that they are the same quality as what is being shipped to FN.

Anyway, Rock River uppers are top quality; as are uppers by Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite, and several other folks.  If you stick w/a name brand type, you shouldn't have any problems[:D]
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Continetal Machine and Tool claims to complete all work for som of RRA's uppers and anodise, etc uppers for RRA.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 11:22:31 PM EDT
[#4]
so how is the quality of anchor and cerro? hows the quality of rra's finishing work? cmparisons to say bushmaster.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 2:42:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Uppers and lowers are top notch same in regards to finnish. I own 4 and will continue  to buy them. HTH
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#6]
My latest RRA upper, an A2 is CERRO.

And has feedramp cuts.

Nice work and finish.

Danny
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Cerro (keyhole) flat top upper, and the fit and finish are excellent.  It even has the RAS type T-markings in the rail, though I've been told not all do.

I hate to admit it, but I've been taken by claims of FN-produced uppers.  The rail height was out of spec (too tall) and the eject port was not machined right.  Since then I've vowed to stick to the major makers, and recently RRA was added to my approved list.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top