User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/9/2004 3:23:41 PM EDT
We've discussed this before, but a wrong is being righted in under a week so:

Time to get this started....

Here's how the swap SHOULD work (though individual deals should and will be worked out to terms agreeable to both parties.)  

I would ask that all those seeking EXTRA money  e.g. compensation/incentive/undeserved-blood-money-profitting-off-the-misery-of-others,
PLEASE TAKE YOUR HIDES ELSEWHERE.

Those of you lucky enough to live in non-state-ban states will receive a brand new lower of your choosing, as well as compensation for all shipping and transfer fees.

Those of us receiving pre-ban lowers will pay all of the above.

It's that simple.
This could and should be a great success.  

We ALL get the chance to
a) posses pre-ban featured lowers
b) stick it to the communist left
c) unify our large and proud RKBA community
d) share the joy of the sunset as Clinton (not him, his legacy...) finally fades away.

For most of you "b)" is all the motivation you need.

For some of you, a new lower is compensation enough for your decade or so old lower.

For the rest of you - save for the rare lower that your grand-daddy gave you, or the SP1 that was your first rifle - you should be ashamed of yourselves.

[I don't know how we want to handle this in terms of organization, so I'm prone to let all dealings remain private through IM's or EMAILs.  Any ideas or suggestions are, of course, encouraged.]

me personally, I'm gonna find me a pennsylvanian so that we can swap at an FFL in person, where I can personally shake the hand of a fellow American who cares for his neighbor and cares enough to act.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome idea.  If I had a pre-ban lower I would be in.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm game. I was going to wait until after the sunset to post my WTT ad. I have a PWA lower in very good shape. I am looking for a Bushmaster to replace it.

Bob
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I would ask that all those seeking EXTRA money  e.g. compensation/incentive/undeserved-blood-money-profitting-off-the-misery-of-others,
PLEASE TAKE YOUR HIDES ELSEWHERE.

OK, you're against capitalism.

Quoted:
b) stick it to the communist left

And you're against communism too?  

Not that I'm against your idea, it's a good one, I just had to point out that you seem to be conflicted with yourself
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

OK, you're against capitalism.

Why would we gouge our own???  

My preban bushmaster lower is going to go to a deserving New Yorker.  We should be helping our brothers in arms.... especially with so little personal cost.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#5]
you bring up an amazing point that i was going to mention initially but held back.

According to american capitalism, we should let the market dictate prices - lassaiz faire and all taht comes with it.

but laissez faire only works in a theoretical framework of perfect parameters, e.g. all states banned or all states not banned.  When we are half half as we are now, enter the free riders - those who latch on to the market for their own profit at the expense of all others.  (see tragedy of the commons - full text, not the snippet).  which is why the US government has subsidies for farmers, labor unions are allowed, etc.  There is no such thing as perfect capitalism cuase our hobbesian nature ensures teh existence of free riders.

Free riders in our case would be duchebags with twenty pre-ban lowers who are looking to profit off of those of us in banned states for no other reason than profit itself.

But your point is valid and noted.  The only non-theoretical counter to it is that the other side is so well organized (however weak) so determined and united (to the point of lying, fact-twisting etc) that we need to be just as unified in order to prevail and preserve teh american way of life.  

Communism would frown, byt he way, on you guys receving NEW lowers in return for pre-bans though.  so there is STILL some good old american incentive in this.  thank god.,
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm glad you posted this because I've been thinking of offering something like this.  In fact I was IMing Giffmann about it earlier today.  Basically I would love to help out one of my brothers (or sisters) in one of the non-sunset states.  I will probably wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to post my WTT ad and I was thinking of offering it to team members first.  I haven't decided on the final plan yet but wanted to post here in support of your idea.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I am looking for a pre-ban lower for a good price, so e-mail me if you are looking to sell.  Please it is for the children
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#8]
all i ever wanted to do was open and close my stock
i still dont understand how that ever got into thishe
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#9]
My cherished Colt is going to New York next week.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I feel that it is an excellent idea, but I do not own a pre-ban AR-15. If I did, I would trade it in a heartbeat to help some oppressed AR-15 owner get the "evil" features he/she deserves.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:17:11 PM EDT
[#11]
But if they add the "evil features that they deserve" than they will instantly develop a desire to "mow down" herds of inocent victims with 200 round "clips" using "full burst" technology as described by the liberals! After all, the "evil features" only have one purpose, to kill people. I mean, think of all of the drive by "bayonettings" that will occur in Mass. with the newly mounted bayo lugs!

Note: the above was sarcasm
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Does a preban Colt large hole lower count? (Sporter Target)
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#13]
If I had a pre ban I would be in...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:25:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:42:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I would trade for a pre-ban Bushy or Colt!
Anyone interested please let me know at
[email protected]
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll soon be moving.  After I see the ban truly gone- I'm in.  I'll also need to confirm WA state doesn't have any weird bans or laws.  If all goes as planned my great-condition preban BM lower will be up for even trade for a new BM or LMT lower.  I have an accuracy speaks 1stage trigger installed.  An AS equipped lower would be nice, or we can work something out.  Any takers? [email protected]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I guess I would let go my OA-93 if the interested party cover the cost of a new one. I would not care as long as I get to keep one OA-93 gun.

Sure, why not share? I am not in the gun business to profit myself, just want to protect my right to keep and bear arms.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I have several NIB complete bushmaster lowers that I would be willing to trade for Preban Bushmaster Lowers or pay for the owner to buy a new bushmaster lower

IM me if any ones interested!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:29:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a pre-ban Colt (large hole sporter) that I might be interested in trading next week.  
Are we looking to trade out lowers only, or would it be easier to trade out the complete rifle??
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#20]
The idea is to flood the states that have stupid AW laws with more legitimate pre 94 Crime Bill guns.  That should drive the anti-gunners nuts as this would be an unintended consequence.  Ah, the irony.

One for one trade on lowers with collapsible stocks.  Don't worry about taking a bath on the value.  This is not about money.   My prebans in NY are worth no more than your prebans after this week.  You get a new lower (most of which are excellent quality) of your choosing, we in NY, MA, & CT get to own more guns that can have the evil features legally.

I'm in NY and would like to line up a deal(s) on preban BM, PWA, or SGW.  Not interested in Colts, I already have enough.  A2 reinforcements and +95% condition is a a must.  

BTW, the NY law was a copy, though not exact, of the federal 94 ban.  I suspect NY will interpret the status much like the ATF did.  So the receiver still needs to be verifiable, and you will need to send it with a collapsible stock in order for it to retain the preban status.  At least that's what I recall.  Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a pre-ban Bushmaster, great condition. M4 Bushy upper w/ Phantom, pre-ban Bushy lower, 4 position colapsable stock & a few 30 round mags, plus it comes with a letter from Bushmaster stating its pre-ban status. I'd trade it out right for the cost of a factory new Colt Tactical Carbine, which I plan on buying as soon as the expenses from this hurricane SHIT around here comes to an end. Roughly about $1000 -$1100, all shipping & FFL fees would be split 50/50.

Anyone interested, IM me and we'll talk.

Edited to add: Not interested in getting rid of just the lower. Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#22]
As soon as the ban is gone and all the potential fallout shakes out, which I think there will be very little, I'll offer up my PWA lower I have.  It is a very low serial number, something like 0024XX, so it is well within the preban cutoff.  Somebody pester me if I forget.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:11:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm all for helping a brother out, but I don't think it should be considered price gouging to try and recoup what you already paid for a preban.  It wasn't price gouging when I paid $1200 for my preban several years ago, why should it be considered gouging now?  Now if I tried to get $1500 () or a 2 for 1 deal ...then yeah, I'm an ass.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a complete Colt SP1 I would consider trading for the appropriate number of approved complete lowers or a new Colt Govy Carbine with all evil features. Prefer the former. E-mail if interested
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#25]
I will let my preban Bushmaster lower go.  I want a  BRAND NEW Bushmaster lower in return.  It will come with everything minus stock and so should the lower I get.  Actually I will remove the Magpul on it and put the old 2 position POS for legal purposes but you will want a new stock as the original sucks.  I want the person who wants my lower to send my the new lower first AND pay for shipping of my lower to them AND pay for my FFL transfer fee.  YOU PAY EVERYTHING but get an excellent condition lower fromm about '89.  I bought mine unfired for $1200.  If someone is interested contact me... if not then I can bring it into a banned state and paid way too much for that privilage which I will never use.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I have a pre-ban Bushmaster, great condition. M4 Bushy upper w/ Phantom, pre-ban Bushy lower, 4 position colapsable stock & a few 30 round mags, plus it comes with a letter from Bushmaster stating its pre-ban status. I'd trade it out right for the cost of a factory new Colt Tactical Carbine, which I plan on buying as soon as the expenses from this hurricane SHIT around here comes to an end. Roughly about $1000 -$1100, all shipping & FFL fees would be split 50/50.

Anyone interested, IM me and we'll talk.

Edited to add: Not interested in getting rid of just the lower. Sorry.

Done ..... and Email too
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:44:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I will let my preban Bushmaster lower go.  I want a  BRAND NEW Bushmaster lower in return.  It will come with everything minus stock and so should the lower I get.  Actually I will remove the Magpul on it and put the old 2 position POS for legal purposes but you will want a new stock as the original sucks.  I want the person who wants my lower to send my the new lower first AND pay for shipping of my lower to them AND pay for my FFL transfer fee.  YOU PAY EVERYTHING but get an excellent condition lower fromm about '89.  I bought mine unfired for $1200.  If someone is interested contact me... if not then I can bring it into a banned state and paid way too much for that privilage which I will never use.

IM sent.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:55:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Question: does the communist states require that the lowers are sold in "complete assault weapon" condition, or can they just be send as a lower (either stripped or complete)?  Any interest in just selling the lower for the price of comparable lower, ie a lower+LPK+stock for the price of a new lower+LPK+stock from ADCO or Pete or Eagle Firearms?  As much as I would love to do the trade, I think it would be easier for some of us to just take the money from the sale of the lower and buy a new one rather than having to deal with FFLs on each end.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Question: does the communist states require that the lowers are sold in "complete assault weapon" condition, or can they just be send as a lower (either stripped or complete)?  Any interest in just selling the lower for the price of comparable lower, ie a lower+LPK+stock for the price of a new lower+LPK+stock from ADCO or Pete or Eagle Firearms?  As much as I would love to do the trade, I think it would be easier for some of us to just take the money from the sale of the lower and buy a new one rather than having to deal with FFLs on each end.  

I'm reasonable sure that here in NY , the lower is the Firearm so everything else is just fluff .
But Im sure if i'm wrong someone will jump on it
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#30]
you mean "No Ban" lowers.................correct?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:47:19 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'm reasonable sure that here in NY , the lower is the Firearm so everything else is just fluff .
But Im sure if i'm wrong someone will jump on it

You guys should be sure.  There's a distinct difference between a firearm and an "assault rifle".
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:07:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Firearm in NY usually means a pistol.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:24:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Well, the honus is on the prosecution to prove that a rifle was not in "assault weapon" configuration prior to 94.  

If I am recieiving just a alower, I'd ask for a signed letter that it was in such configuration - or I would jut get it with a POS collapsing stock on it.  that would make three evil features, allowing all the others.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:26:52 AM EDT
[#34]
I have a  pre-ban SGW Stop sign lower I will trade for a new Colt or Bushmaster lower.Contact me thru e-mail.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:30:23 AM EDT
[#35]
My Essential Arms Thread

Yes, it's an EA but it's in excellent condition.  Excellent dark gray colt finish.  No scratches that I can think of.  

It is currently built as a rifle.  It has an aluminum mag release, 6 position ribbed car stock from pete, a fobus/samco G27 grip and I've polished the internals.  

-SPF-
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:36:24 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

What he said.....
Wish I had a pre-ban so I could participate
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:56:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Talk to your friends in no ban states then.  tell them that there are MANY states that need their decade old lowers and will replace them with brand spanking new ones.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:18:32 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What he said.....
Wish I had a pre-ban so I could participate

You guys can, and get yourself a new lower to boot

I don't have a pre-ban lower right now but I know there's going to be a Sh*tload of them available at gunshows here in Oregon for cheap. One buddy of mine has an old Oly "Stop-sign" lower  that he's gonna sell me for $75 with internals.  I've already set-up a deal with a friend from another site (Who lives in NY) to trade it to him for a Mega lower.

He's paying my FFL fee's ($20) and shipping costs.

I end up with a new Mega lower for $75 total and HE ends up with an Oly pre-ban (With internals) lower for somewhere around $150 -$170 depending on what his FFL charges him (I have a buddy who'll do my transfer for free on this end).

I'm getting a good deal and he's getting a good deal plus, I get to turn the knife on Diane a little

Guys in the no-ban states can just keep their eyes open at the shows for deals on these lowers and then bring 'em here to hook-up friends back east.  Maybe I'm being petty about the anti's but I'm going to do as many of these deals as I can get my hands on just to spite the SOB's.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:21:11 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
tell them that there are MANY states that need their decade old lowers and will replace them with brand spanking new ones.

Many?  There are 2 maybe 3?

This is all very "noble" and I applaude those who want to make a deal via ARFCOM but c'mon guys, There is nothing stopping guys in NY and CT from just buying these pre-94 guns.  It may take a few months for the general gun population to realize the ban is gone but they will be very common....and cheap.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:42:13 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tell them that there are MANY states that need their decade old lowers and will replace them with brand spanking new ones.

Many?  There are 2 maybe 3?

This is all very "noble" and I applaude those who want to make a deal via ARFCOM but c'mon guys, There is nothing stopping guys in NY and CT from just buying these pre-94 guns.  It may take a few months for the general gun population to realize the ban is gone but they will be very common....and cheap.

i think more than 3.  NY, CT, MA, for starters.  ONE is one too many.  There are a TON of people in those states who should have the right to have whatever they want on their rifles.  A lot of good men from those states died in those states to get us our rights and freedoms.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:43:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Amen.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:55:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Add me to the list of folks willing to trade out next week.  Willing to trade my nice SGW for nearly any name brand lower.  RRA, Bushy, Colt, whatever name brand you can get your paws on.  Shoot me an IM or e-mail next week.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:14:13 AM EDT
[#43]
I would love to have a lower that was involved in the death of a criminal...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:22:39 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
i think more than 3.  NY, CT, MA, for starters.  ONE is one too many.  There are a TON of people in those states who should have the right to have whatever they want on their rifles.  A lot of good men from those states died in those states to get us our rights and freedoms.  

Oh Please!!

It IS only 3 tops.  Like I said before, if someone wants to "help" someone save a few bucks with a trade then thats cool but why is everyone making it sound like they are saving the planet.  If someone in a no-sunset state wants a pre-94 gun, all they have to do is buy one like everyone else.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:27:58 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh Please!!

It IS only 3 tops.  Like I said before, if someone wants to "help" someone save a few bucks with a trade then thats cool but why is everyone making it sound like they are saving the planet.  If someone in a no-sunset state wants a pre-94 gun, all they have to do is buy one like everyone else.

HEY- GET THE FUCK OUT THEN.  

One more stupid response and it will look like you are spamming.  

Noone is trying to save the world here and noone is pretending to do so.  Those of us who might have spent good money on a pre-ban lower get pleasure in knowing that even though the value of the lower dropped by 80%, it is still worth something to someone- enough to get me a new black lower.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:46:25 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
HEY- GET THE FUCK OUT THEN.  

One more stupid response and it will look like you are spamming.  

Oh lighten up!  You're the guy who "thinks" its more then three states (talk about stupid) and then starts talking about "good men dying".  It's a business transaction, nothing more.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:54:46 AM EDT
[#47]

If someone in a no-sunset state wants a pre-94 gun, all they have to do is buy one like everyone else.

huh?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

If someone in a no-sunset state wants a pre-94 gun, all they have to do is buy one like everyone else.

huh?

If you're in one of the 3 states that will have their own AWB after the federal ban sunsets, then all you have to do is buy a pre-94 gun (aka "pre-ban") like everyone else has been doing for 10 years.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#49]
If I were a New Yorker, I would wait awhile before doing anything.  The NY law is based on the federal one, which is going away.  Maybe all the same terms are defined in it, or maybe they are based on the now defunct federal law?  In any event, how is NY ever going to possibly regulate their own preban/postban scheme when the feds were unable to do it?

The NY may collapse.  They will try to strengthen it, naturally.

Have fun.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#50]
I would love to do a trade to help a brother out, however, my pre-ban is an SP1, and it'll kill me to part with it. Good luck to all those who do trade, you're doing the right thing.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top