Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2006 2:27:12 PM EDT
Does anyone have any idea who manufactures this battle grip???
If so do you have any experience with them???

www.thecountryshed.com/LeapersGrip1.jpg
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Leapers?
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#2]
You can get those here. Scroll down to about the middle of the page. I have one on my M4. They work well for what they cost. I like mine.

Click Me
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Leapers?

HAHA!  I died laughing when I saw your post (no offense intended to the original poster, who doesn't deal with cheap Chinese stuff, obviously).  The picture name is ---> "LeapersGrip1.jpg" <---  

Leapers/UTG (Under the Gun or Ultimate Tactical Gear - seen both ways) is a company in Michigan that is actually a reseller for Chinese NCStar-style stuff.  Some of it is diamonds, and some of it is crap.  Tread carefully.  I have some Leapers scopes that are very nice, some Leapers scopes that are crap, and some Leapers accessories that are very nice (bolt-on picatinny handguard rails, etc.).  I have never tried the VFG, but I see them ALL the time on bubba'd SKSs.

Oh, you can get it here and here and here and here too.  The second one (Cheaper than Dirt) has it for about half price.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#4]
got mine from brownell's. They list it under TAPCO.
Actually pretty nice. It locks up tight. has pockets for tape switch on both sides and the hollow for battery storage.

Forgot how much I paid but it was cheap. I don't know if it will hold up or not yet.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
got mine from brownell's. They list it under TAPCO.
Actually pretty nice. It locks up tight. has pockets for tape switch on both sides and the hollow for battery storage.

Forgot how much I paid but it was cheap. I don't know if it will hold up or not yet.

Isnt that a clone for the grip section of a surefire product?
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Spend a little more and get a MAID from magpull or a good guality grip from one of the people on the EE. You wont reget it. Most likely will if you go Tapco.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:10:21 PM EDT
[#7]
These grips have gotten good reviews in the "Other Accessory" section here on ARFCOM:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=290443&page=1&#-1

Quoted:
Spend a little more and get a MAID from magpull or a good guality grip from one of the people on the EE. You wont reget it. Most likely will if you go Tapco.

TAPCO doesn't even make these.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:31:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I needed an extra VFG for a training session I was running once, and I popped one of these off my little brother's airsoft gun.  To my suprise, it was solid, locked up tight, and felt great in my hand.  Believe it or not, it is the one on my primary AR now.  I guess even the chinese can make a stick of molded plastic.  I mean, how hard can it be?
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 12:40:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I guess even the chinese can make a stick of molded plastic.  I mean, how hard can it be?

The converse is equally vexxing. The American gun companies can grossly overcharge for one. How hard is it to make a plastic handle that it should cost $75?
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:34:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

HUH?  MIAD is a pistol grip not a vertical grip.  

Believe it or not, I prefer it much more than the Tango Down vert grip.  It fits my hand much better and much easier to install/remove.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:28:18 AM EDT
[#11]
it was a bit too big on my hand. so i took it off, useing a  kac right now
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top