Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 5:47:45 AM EDT
who makes the best waterproof/airtight hardcase...i work in the wilderness for three months every summer and i want a realy nice hardcase for transporting my black rifle (only taking one to camp) from base camp into the mountain shooting range. We drive trucks exclusively (two wheel drive isnt much good where im at) and i need a case that could protect my rifles from...lets say bouncing out of a truck bed, tumbling down a revine with sharp pointy rocks and landing in a creek. Not that i expect that kind of thing to happen, but if it does the softcase i have now isnt gonna be a bit of help. room for mags and optics is required and one that locks would be preferable.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Pelican cases. I travel  by air with tools every week. Pelican cases are the only ones that I've seen that airline baggage monkeys can't kill.  They are waterproof, and can be had with or without foam lining. They accept the padlock of your choice. BSW
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:22:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Doskosport makes nice cases as well.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:54:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm in ATL with CBP and of all the cases I've run across, PELICAN is the best as far as durability.  I was skeptical of that "purge valve" until someone from South Africa arrived and I tried to just open the case.  It wouldn't open until I opened the valve and then it sucked in SO MUCH air, very impressive.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:06:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Starlight Cases are also an excellent choice!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:11:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Pelican or Starlight are your best bets.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:01:56 AM EDT
[#7]
What's funny is when you air ship a Pelican case with the old style valve closed. My big case would get all 'sucked down' like it was vacuum packed.

The new style purge valve isn't as dramatic. :{ BSW
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top