Link Posted: 8/6/2008 4:01:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I was afraid of that........

at least I wont have a "swoosh" reticle
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 2:59:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/8/2008 7:34:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought mine here. You might want to check. If you call the guys there will try and locate one for you if they don't have it there. Mine only took a couple days and they gave me a great deal.

http://usarmorment.com/optics-accessories-holored-dot-sights-c-7_89.html?alpha_filter_id=0&filter_id=41&sort=20a
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 4:24:41 PM EDT
[#6]
If anybody knows where you can get the 557.4XFTS I’d like to know also.
Just placed an order with Optics Planet and below is the e-mail I just got from ‘em.
-------------------------------
Greetings from Opticsplanet!

Thank you for your order for the EOTech 557.4X MPO Multi Purpose Optic Holographic System with Flip-to-Side mount. I am writing to let you know that EOTech has told us this will not be available until at least 1 year from now. Please let me know which of the following options you would like to pursue.

1) EOTech is going to come out with EOTech 557.3X MPO Multi Purpose Optic Holographic System with Flip-to-Side mount in the next 4-6 weeks. This unit will be identical in every way, with the exception of the magnification. This unit will sell for $879.00 and will be available much sooner. If you would like, we can change your old order to this new item and have it shipped out as soon as it hits our warehouse.
2) We can continue to hold for the 4X magnifier, which will take at least one year, but I would put my money on longer than that.

Please let me know which option you would like to pursue. I can be reached at [email protected], or by phone at 800-504-9857 Ext. 212
----------------------------
Sounds like the holdup on the 557.4XFTS is the 4x magnifier? I’ve seen the 3x package out there, so the holographic site apparently isn’t the problem-maybe the military is sucking up all the 4x magnifiers?
I know/read the entire thread in here ‘bout the 557’s problems-sounds like EOTech has it fixed, but I’m leery ‘bout buying a 557 from a vendor with one in stock (don’t know if it would have the fix or not).

I really wanted to get the 4x package for the reduced cost, but if I can’t find don’t know if I’ll go with the 3x package or just get the 557 and decide what to do about a magnifier later?
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got mine out of the EE. But mine is only the 3x.  Love it
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Just got off the phone with Optics Planet contact (from previous post) who contacted EOTech and says he was told EOTech had lost their supplier of the prism used in the 4x magnifier, and they were scrambling to fulfill military contracts. He said they didn't sound too interested in worrying 'bout anything other than that at this time, and told him to call 'em back in 2009 AFA 4x availability.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 11:59:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top