11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/5/2004 4:39:31 AM EST
how do they run?

good
bad?
ugly?

lets not have hearsay, only people who own or have owned them
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:33:25 AM EST
I bought a 7 1/2 and 10 1/4 inch barrel kits and had problems with the gas system! I had to remove the front sight base and bore out the gas port in the barrel to make it work right and it still doesn't work completely Right! I know I will never buy short barrel again![:D
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:58:05 AM EST
I own a 7,5" XR15"Compact" by SabreDefence, no probs!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:13:10 PM EST
is your 7.5 made like a model 1 sales pistol kit?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:14:17 PM EST

Originally Posted By urraniuma22:
I bought a 7 1/2 and 10 1/4 inch barrel kits and had problems with the gas system! I had to remove the front sight base and bore out the gas port in the barrel to make it work right and it still doesn't work completely Right! I know I will never buy short barrel again![:D

what are they not doing correctly?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:14:12 PM EST
Buy something with a warranty. CMMG/DPMS, Olympic or LMT. If it doesnt function send it back.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:32:55 PM EST

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
Buy something with a warranty. CMMG/DPMS, Olympic or LMT. If it doesnt function send it back.

cmmg and lmt do not offer pistol kits
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:19:42 PM EST
from what i understand it seems to be the buffer/tube/spring that is the trouble on the ar pistols, yes?

soooo, could i take a tube from a collapsable stock, a car buffer and spring and make it work?
the consensus is yes

could i shorten the tube on the threaded end by an inch or so?
it does seem to be threaded about that much too long

shorten a car spring an inch or so
shorten the buffer also?

i would weigh the buffer before the mod, fill with lead and some rubber pads as the stock buffer should be..

as long as the buffer was the same weight it may still work right?

when i get my kit we will play, i will post pics, if the supplied uffer does not work i will go for the car tube and parts, if it runs good that way i will go for some mods on the tube/buffer
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:57:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By avengeusa:

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:

cmmg and lmt do not offer pistol kits

But they sell pistol uppers. And CMMG transfers lowers as pistols. I think the best thing would be a collapsable stock tube re cut into a round tube with no stock mounting provision, so you run the same gas system as a carbine.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:31:20 PM EST
combat_jack, thats what i was thinking, but trying to shorten the whole deal a bit

the problems with the pistols seems to be the spring/buffer
Top Top