Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 10:27:28 AM EDT
i aam looking for a new ar in 9mm. is colt producing a 9mm anymore? if not what are my options? i have ruled out olympic, sorry if i just offended anyone. the other issue is mags. i want them to be readily available even though the ban died. if colt does indeed make the 9mm carbine( pre-ban/no ban features) and the "new mags are on the market i want one. can someone point me in the right direction? thanks!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:44:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out ASA.

www.gunkits.com/9mm.html
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Kiesler's Police Supply has a COLT A1 9mm upper, complete with mag block and two mags right now for $799, and it will be going to the Creek this weekend.  Call-do not e-mail-and ask for Corky if interested. I looked at it this morning and would rate it between 90-95%.  I did not look at the mags or the mag block, only the upper assembly.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the responses guys. a question... are the colt complete rifles all drop-in mag blocks or was/is there a dedicated lower? i don't put faith in colt to put out any rifles that aren't banless. do they still make leo 9mm's? never heard of asa. thanks for the link! are they any good? and it has to be nib.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#4]
S.A.W    

Model #AR6450 This is what you are looking for.

Great customer service.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:37:25 AM EDT
[#5]
that's the one. just hope it is an option for an flat-top upper. any ideas on where to go to get one? i've read all the colt not authorizing civilian sales of leo designated stuff. thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#6]

glock40cal, I IM you.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
that's the one. just hope it is an option for an flat-top upper. any ideas on where to go to get one? i've read all the colt not authorizing civilian sales of leo designated stuff. thanks for the info.

No flat tops, A1 upers only..
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You'll have to buy an RRA upper and put a Colt chrome lined barrel on it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Couple of questions if you please:

1. Is the Colt 6450 9mm barrel chrome lined?
2. I assume that a chrome lined barrel is just as desirable for a 9mm AR as for a 5.56, eh?
(I can't think of any reason it wouldn't be.)

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:08:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Couple of questions if you please:

1. Is the Colt 6450 9mm barrel chrome lined?
2. I assume that a chrome lined barrel is just as desirable for a 9mm AR as for a 5.56, eh?
(I can't think of any reason it wouldn't be.)

Thanks!

I don't know on the colt question but I don't think it is a very big deal on the chrome lining issue like the .223's.  The 9mm is a heavier round that will be moving slower in most cases so I don't think you will "shoot" a barrel out nearly as fast as a .223, and that will take a long time anyway.  Of course it would be easier to clean if it was lined but I wouldn't make my desicision on weither to get it or not based on the lining of the barrel.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:20:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes the Colt is chromed..
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top