Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2009 7:11:08 PM EDT
which is preferred / most reliable with both bolt catch release and bolt hold open (depending on mags)???

RRA 9mm Mag Block
Hahn Precision Bottom 9mm Mag Block
C-Products 9MM Top Loading Magblock

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:47:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/26/2009 3:53:09 AM EDT by jhrgr]
This topic will help you with that...

Hahn Dedicated, or RRA 9mm Mag block?

RRA ––- Good
Hahn ––- Good
C-Products ––- waste of time & money
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:37:24 AM EDT
There's a ton of these kind of threads out there that hash and re-hash people's experiences with the various blocks/mags.

I don't think you are going to get a simple answer as there are those that love CP and those that, well, don't.

Everyone also seems to have a different idea of what they prefer and what they deem reliable enough.

For those that place cost at the top of or very high on their preference list, CP seems to be the choice.

RRA or Hahn blocks will cost you $40-100 more than a CP block.

Colt/Metalform mags will cost you $20 more each than CP mags.

If you were looking at a block and 6 mags - CP stuff would cost you around $225, whereas RRA/Hahn + Metalform would cost around $400-450.

Good luck with your decision.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:02:10 PM EDT
I like my RRA.. Seems to fit pretty good and tight. Haven't tried the others.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:29:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By kevins_garage:
There's a ton of these kind of threads out there that hash and re-hash people's experiences with the various blocks/mags.

I don't think you are going to get a simple answer as there are those that love CP and those that, well, don't.

Everyone also seems to have a different idea of what they prefer and what they deem reliable enough.

For those that place cost at the top of or very high on their preference list, CP seems to be the choice.

RRA or Hahn blocks will cost you $40-100 more than a CP block.

Colt/Metalform mags will cost you $20 more each than CP mags.

If you were looking at a block and 6 mags - CP stuff would cost you around $225, whereas RRA/Hahn + Metalform would cost around $400-450.

Good luck with your decision.

I think it's important here to note that the CProducts block isn't made of metal, while both RRA and Hahn's blocks are all-metal. That helps explain both the price differnce and the quality difference.

I'd like to see Metalform mags come down a little in price and be easier to find online (there's a zillion "Metalform" sites, including a printed magazine by that title). But aside from that, these are "the originals" that Colt used and probably the closest to a benchmarkable standard in AR SMG magazines as we'll ever see.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:53:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GHPorter:
I think it's important here to note that the CProducts block isn't made of metal, while both RRA and Hahn's blocks are all-metal. That helps explain both the price differnce and the quality difference.

There's more important things to note than just that, but I've already been accused of having a vendetta against CP for speaking my mind previously.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:01:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By kevins_garage:
Originally Posted By GHPorter:

There's more important things to note than just that, but I've already been accused of having a vendetta against CP for speaking my mind previously.

Nicely put! I thought that the material issue was important particularly because the CProducts block seems to give lots of people lots of problems because it isn't as solid and sturdy as other people's blocks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:49:32 PM EDT
i got the hahn dedicated, seems very strong and solid. cant wait to finish building my 9mm rifle
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:15:54 PM EDT
I went with a Hahn Dedicated and Metalform mags,decided to limit potential problems I had seen in other threads figured it was $$$ well spent
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:40:46 PM EDT
I started with the CP block and had nothing but problems. Sold it and went with a Hahn's bottom loading block, and my problems went away.

I have 15 CP mags that all run fine, though a couple needed some welds filed down to fit in the block. I'd rather spend 30 seconds with a file and get inexpensive mags. They run great now.

I'd like to try a Metalform or a new CMMG mag.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 3:24:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Krink:
I went with a Hahn Dedicated and Metalform mags,decided to limit potential problems I had seen in other threads figured it was $$$ well spent

I did the same, got the Hahn Dedicated. Have everything for the build, except the upper, which is on back order. I can't wait to get it all together and hopefully I wont have too many problems to work out with the rifle.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 9:05:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/30/2009 9:06:50 AM EDT by RavensD]
FWIW, I am very impressed with my Hahn. It fits perfect and feels very solid. I feel like the RRA is a close second though, but I prefer the Hahn.
Top Top