Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/14/2013 9:07:52 PM EDT
My 14.5" BCM barrel got ruined by my machinist.I dont want to go in  to details...it will just make me mad all over again.

I have a carbine length .625 gas block "LITE" carbine length Adams Arms kit.
So, I need a new barrel. I have a line on one of AA/Voodoo Melonite treated 14.5" but in a MID gas length and a  .625 gas block.
AFAIK, All i need is a stripped mid length AA piston to convert to the mid length, right. I can use the exact same spring and AA BCG, yes? I am certain this is the case.

I have an H2 buffer with a stock buffer spring in a Mil Spec tube. Is this a good starting point to check which buffer to run?
A Proto Tactical Z comp is plenty long to be legal when pinned and welded. I can index it with just a new crush washer(no peel washers needed).

I am a  big fan of dry lube coatings. I trust Cerakote. They have a pretty nice looking dry film called C110Q Micro Slick dry film coating.
As much as I LOVE the look and hardness of the melonite treatment, it has no self lubrication properties.

I am thinking of having the BCG, the mid length piston and the  "gas plug assembly" http://www.adamsarms.net/details.asp?sku=ASY%20Gas%20Plug%20Group
coated in the 110 Micro Slick.

What reasons would I NOT want to do these enhancements. I dont see a down side. But I always like to hear other opinions.

Just for general FYI, a Samson Evo 9EX rail will cover almost all the barrel and look great. I hate the chalk board  feel of the rail so it will be coated in Cerakote Graphite Black, a very slight semi gloss black.
My goal is a nice slightly shorter legal Ar15 with a very, very light recoil and minimal muzzle flip.

If ANY of the AA/Voodoo specs/claims are to be believed , the velocity of their barrels is Significantly more than a chrome line barrel of the same length. This will prove interesting to see how well the trajectory agrees with the GRSC Combat scope graduated reticule.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top