Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2013 2:54:44 PM EDT
brownells is out of stock, and I cant find another place that would sell and ship me one...  Any idea ?

thanks a lot.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#1]
BCM
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#2]
BCM x 2

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Primary arms 24.00
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#4]
BCM doesnt export anything, unfortunately.

not sure about primary arms. will check
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#5]
You can buy them on Amazon.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice try :)

In Stock.
We are not able to ship this item to your default shipping address.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Thanks a lot for the idea though. Ill keep looking.

Is there a way to purchase tungsten buffer weights only somewhere ?
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like you need to come here and pick it up.  Doesn't sound like anyone wants to export this item.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sounds like you need to come here and pick it up.  Doesn't sound like anyone wants to export this item.
View Quote

Pretty stupid how ITAR scares everybody.. When non sensitive items/orders below a 100$ value are not concerned

Seems like I'll have to back order it from brownells
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Do you have any buffers? I made 2- H2 buffers from a couple of H buffers I had laying around.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Dumb questions, but have you tried the EE, and should Joe schmo on the EE give a shit about ITAR?
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 4:45:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Dumb questions, but have you tried the EE, and should Joe schmo on the EE give a shit about ITAR?
View Quote

I wouldn't ship overseas.  Too much of a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not really, but I wouldn't ask anyone to get in trouble for such a small thing either. (even if it's legal)

And yes Joe Schmoe should be careful, because some things might seem totally legal, and are not. (not the case in this particular situation though)
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Do you have any buffers? I made 2- H2 buffers from a couple of H buffers I had laying around.
View Quote

I only have standard buffers here (they all have 3 steel weights in them)

I know because I had two spares, and today I stripped them to check.

I thought about this.

I was wondering if I could make two weights out of lead (+ one of steel), and go near a H buffer weight (3.8oz)
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's not really, but I wouldn't ask anyone to get in trouble for such a small thing either. (even if it's legal)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever shipped overseas from the US?  You have to fill in a buttload of forms.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't know if you have any stock Buffers, but have you thought of taking one apart and putting some Lead Strips in it, to bring it up in weight, a couple Grams?
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Have you ever shipped overseas from the US?  You have to fill in a buttload of forms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I have. And I've done the same shipping things to the USA from switzelrand (gun parts, watches, chocolates etc) and I also have to fill a lot of forms. (pretty similar forms btw)
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Don't know if you have any stock Buffers, but have you thought of taking one apart and putting some Lead Strips in it, to bring it up in weight, a couple Grams?
View Quote

Yes, I have two spare carbine buffers.
That's what I intend to do tomorrow. I have a lead casting bullet set, so I'll try to cast two lead weights that have the proper dimensions.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:29:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes I have. And I've done the same shipping things to the USA from switzelrand (gun parts, watches, chocolates etc) and I also have to fill a lot of forms. (pretty similar forms btw)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it wasn't the form, I wouldn't have stopped doing private transactions to other countries.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 3:10:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

In Stock.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Stock.

Take your buffer apart, and measure the diameter of the steel weights in your buffer. What I found online is it is around 1/2 inch; but verify with either a analog or digital caliper. Once you have the measurement, search online or in your general area for "tungsten rod stock" in the diameter you need. Maybe you can find a place that sells it by the inch. If not a 6 inch piece should be more than enough.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 3:56:44 AM EDT
[#20]
I tried using one steel weight and fill the reset of the buffer with lead out of trap shells, but unfortunately it brings me to the same exact weight as the original buffer.

I'd probably need to use a solid cast lead weight, but it's difficult to make one of the good and perfect diameter..

Daaaaamn.. I need to solve that bolt bounce in my 10.3 supressed mk18...
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:12:30 AM EDT
[#21]
I got mine last week from DSG Arms
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 9:08:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Have you tried Midway?

http://www.midwayswiss.ch
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#23]
DSG Arms
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
DSG Arms
View Quote

That's great if you live in the US. However, the OP doesn't.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 10:00:30 AM EDT
[#25]
I've given one of the best options; to find a supplier that sells tungsten round stock. Just measure the diameter of the steel weight, and purchase the round stock that is closes to the diameter of the steel weight.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 10:06:41 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I've given one of the best options; to find a supplier that sells tungsten round stock. Just measure the diameter of the steel weight, and purchase the round stock that is closes to the diameter of the steel weight.
View Quote

this is the only way to get the heaviest buffer.

Also dont get tungsten carbide, too hard to cut
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 9:41:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

not very common. I think ill jjust get that Spike buffer from Brownells.

but thanks everyone for all the ideas and links
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#28]
i ordered my h2 buffer from AAC.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 10:56:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

This isn't as easy to find as one would think. I found it at several places online, nowhere locally, but everyone wanted to sell it to me in either three or six foot lengths for ridiculous amounts of money. I could've just purchased the buffers outright for much less than the prices they were asking.

ETA: Slash of HEAVYBUFFERS.COM sells the individual tungsten slugs for around $10-11 each.. You'll need to contact him to see if he ships oversea's. Good luck.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top