Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2002 5:46:36 PM EST
I'm thinking about getting a bushmaster AR-15, after the assault weapons is over would it be legal to put a front sight with a bayonet lug and to attach a flash suppressor to the end of the barrel?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:52:18 PM EST
9-24-2004
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:56:31 PM EST
what do you think the odds are of them reinstating it? if they do would I be able to make an assault weapon with a receiver made before 2004?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:36:56 PM EST
Originally Posted By napalm113: what do you think the odds are of them reinstating it? if they do would I be able to make an assault weapon with a receiver made before 2004?
View Quote
Once the ban expires, there will be no such law so you can buiold whatever you like on a receiver made at anytime. The odds of them reinstating depends a large part on whether we all let our elected representatives know we want to see this ban pass and never return.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:38:58 PM EST
Originally Posted By napalm113: what do you think the odds are of them reinstating it? if they do would I be able to make an assault weapon with a receiver made before 2004?
View Quote
Pay a visit to our site at [url]www.awbansunset.com[/url] for loads of info on the ban. Particularly, check [url]www.awbansunset.com/scoreboard.html[/url] periodically to monitor how things are looking for a renewal. Currently, if a renewal bill would come up for a vote in the Senate, it would have a chance at passing. Not a good chance, but still a chance. On the other hand, in the House of Representatives, it's a different story. The anti's have a STEEP uphill battle on their hands there. Keep in mind, a renewal must pass both the Senate and the House. Bush would probably sign a renewal bill. But because he is not a rabid gun-hater, at least we most likely will not have to deal with him demanding that Congress take action on the issue (which Gore almost certainly would, had he won). --Mike
Top Top