Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 8:54:31 AM EDT
I really want one, for a number of reasons, but when will major ammo manafacturers start to make them?

(in other words will i ever see them at walmart?)
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:25:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Ask the question on this forum... you will get an answer straight from the horses mouth.

http://www.65grendel.com/

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I know wolf is getting ready to release 6.5 Grendel, not sure about 6.8 SPC
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:46:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I know wolf is getting ready to release 6.5 Grendel, not sure about 6.8 SPC

if wolf lets out 6.5 grendel, i will buy an upper. its better all around than the 5.56.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Remmington ammo is available, I just ordered (and received) some from Adco.

Of course you can buy bulk from Silve State Armory (again ordered & received).

As for the Walmart bit - when sportsmen start demanding it.  I know Remmington has at least 1 bolt gun available in 6.8, I don't know about any 6.5 bolt guns.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#5]
As far as I know, all 6.5 Grendel cartrige rifles and Ar's need to still be ordered from an Alexander Arms distributor like Cometition Shooting Sports ect...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:08:27 PM EDT
[#6]
there are rumors of a "big" manufacturer picking up the 6.5's
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:08:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

As for the Walmart bit - when sportsmen start demanding it.  I know Remmington has at least 1 bolt gun available in 6.8, I don't know about any 6.5 bolt guns.

Big +1 on the 6.8SPC front. Unlike even last summer, I can find the REM. OTM loadings on a regular basis. Silver State is proving to be just as good. On the 6.5G, only when AA has provided the likes on Dr. Roberts a 16" upper and it  that similar terminal ballistics with X loading. This is incluse of reliable 25+ rnd mags, will I even consider a 6.5G. I posted the same in an existing 6.5 thread.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:21:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Regarding the Grendel, last things I have heard are:

Wolf is set to announce their Grendel offerings and begin taking orders at Shot - brass cased, boxer primed, 120 grain bullet.

Creative Products should have the 25 round magazines ready for Shot as well.

Sounds like two major mfgs might be making Grendel announcements.    

Concerning Dr. Roberts, Arne or Bill will have to comment on that.      

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Big +1 on the 6.8SPC front. Unlike even last summer, I can find the REM. OTM loadings on a regular basis. Silver State is proving to be just as good. On the 6.5G, only when AA has provided the likes on Dr. Roberts a 16" upper and it  that similar terminal ballistics with X loading. This is incluse of reliable 25+ rnd mags, will I even consider a 6.5G. I posted the same in an existing 6.5 thread.

Translation?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:34:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By WalkerTexasRanger

WTR,

I look forward to Bill's and only his comments with respect to this. If it proves to be equal to or exceeds the 6.8SPC out of a 16" barrel and 0-300M and has 25rnd reliable mags, then I will buy personally one (wait I buy at least twins). I look forward to Bill's comments.

Thanks and respectfully,
Pete
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Originally Posted By WalkerTexasRanger

WTR,

I look forward to Bill's and only his comments with respect to this. If it proves to be equal to or exceeds the 6.8SPC out of a 16" barrel and 0-300M and has 25rnd reliable mags, then I will buy personally one (wait I buy at least twins). I look forward to Bill's comments.

Thanks and respectfully,
Pete

Pete,

No problem.  I don't know how frequent Bill has been on here lately as they are probably pretty busy getting ready to go to Vegas.  If you are going, AA has a booth, and I would stop by and intro yourself.  

Mark
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If it proves to be equal to or exceeds the 6.8SPC out of a 16" barrel

I'd love to see this info as well, but since (as far as I have seen) there is no public info on terminal performance of the various commercial 6.8 SPC offerings, how will we be able to compare?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#13]

when will ammo production step up on 6.8 SPC

Never it seems
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:20:46 AM EDT
[#15]
I heard a rumor that Barrett was giong to start manufacyuring 6.8
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:31:16 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

when will ammo production step up on 6.8 SPC

Never it seems

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top