Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2009 10:40:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/1/2009 10:43:44 PM EDT by REDMASTA]
Surefire E2D LED http://www.surefire.com/E2DL. Has max 120 lumens / 1.9 hours and 5 lumens / 76 hours. I will probably very rarely use the 120 lumens I'm more interested in it being so small and light and using the long battery life of the 5 lumens as a backup light on my AR if stuck out at night w/ no moonlight, or even for SHTF if there is total power failure. Is the 5 lumens it projects enough to somewhat light a pitch black hallway or your foot steps in the black of night so you don't bust your ass or walk directly into a zombie? Or is it completely useless and I should go for the G2 which has only one power mode of 80 lumens / 12 hours...but then its bigger etc..

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:45:05 PM EDT
You should ask in the correct section of the site, the Lights and Lasers section
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:46:44 PM EDT
crap didn't even think of that its so late just posted here...maybe some1 will move it for me when they wake up
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:03:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/1/2009 11:05:42 PM EDT by ridewaves]
I use the E2D LEDs almost exclusively... I have like 5 of them.  The low setting is definately enough to navigate.  The only down side is that you have to hit the high beams first then click it again to get to low.  Also, if you are using the high setting, turn it off, then suddenly need it again (within 2 seconds) you will get only 5 lumens the first time you click it back on.

They work well as weaponlights and as an EDC.  Good throw, top and bottom strike bezels, and they already come with the clicky tailcaps.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:05:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/1/2009 11:06:56 PM EDT by REDMASTA]
Originally Posted By ridewaves:
I use the E2D LEDs almost exclusively.  The low setting is definately enough to navigate.  The only down side is that you have to hit the high beams first then click it again to get to low.  

They work well as weaponlights and as an EDC.  Good throw, top and bottom strike bezels, and they already come with the clicky tailcaps.

thanks for the info, do you have yours mounted on a rifle and tested it? I heard some have had issues with it swapping from high light mode to low light mode due to the recoil.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 1:11:33 AM EDT
Originally Posted By REDMASTA:
Originally Posted By ridewaves:
I use the E2D LEDs almost exclusively.  The low setting is definately enough to navigate.  The only down side is that you have to hit the high beams first then click it again to get to low.  

thanks for the info, do you have yours mounted on a rifle and tested it? I heard some have had issues with it swapping from high light mode to low light mode due to the recoil.

I run a double stack LT607 with 2 E2Ds.  Put maybe 500 rounds through the gun with one of the lights actually on, primarily using the top mounted one.  Mostly sustained rate of fire or rapid strings of 10-60 rounds.  Not very much use as you can see, but I have not had a problem with the lights switching modes or shutting off as of yet.  

I also use two of the E2Ds as EDC lights and have not had any problems yet.  One has endured multiple drops and strikes on sparring dummies, knife pit targets, and one human face in a self defense scenario.  The crenulated bezel works well.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:28:23 AM EDT
Top Top