Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/6/2012 5:23:42 AM EDT
I have a RRA lower for 223 that I want to convert for use with a 9mm upper.
What all has to be changed on my lower to run a 9mm upper?

Thanks much
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 6:34:27 AM EDT
If you are using a ramped bolt carrier, then the only thing on the lower that has to be swapped is the buffer.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 6:52:31 AM EDT
I always keep the heavier 9mm buffer in my lower since it works just fine for 5.56.  That way all I have to do is add the mag blocks when I want to shoot 9mm.

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 6:53:06 AM EDT
Regardless of whether the bolt is ramped, the minimum you would have to do is add a mag block.  If you have a hammer that is notched, you may also have to replace  it with a round top style.  You can run with a std. car buffer, but you may want to opt for a ~5 oz or heavier 9mm buffer depending on what kind of ammo you are shooting.
Top Top