Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/16/2006 6:28:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/16/2006 6:29:16 AM EDT by jim]
rra upper. mag well adapter bottom install. using uzi and promags.
the promags work until the last 2-3 rounds then thet just pop out of the mag.........
uzi's modified ( i dremeled them to match the promag cuts) to fit. round goes over ramp into upper/JAMS the last round doesn't even get picked up by bolt (bolt over)
anything i'm not paying attention to with this??
and i've gone throught theh FAQ's but either didn't read or missed any info out there
t.i.a.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:45:41 AM EDT
I don't know which mag block you are using, but I'm using the Hahn Precision dedicated block. The only way I can get promags to work correctly is if I thin the feed lips so that they feed correctly. I gave up on uzi mags because I had all kinds of feeding problems as well.

The only mags that work 100% for me are the Colt mags. I sucked it up and bought 6 of them and now I never have a problem with feeding issues.

Get the Colt mags or put up with less than 100% reliability.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:26:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/16/2006 7:30:33 AM EDT by joe1972]
I believe this is the same problem all of us normally have in this type of set-up.
I have a variety of Uzi mags and they are designed to work in the UZI not the AR...
The feed lips are set-up so that the round sits slightly lower in the rear of the mag then the front...
When you fill it up the force of the spring keeps the rounds slightly more leveled, and very snug against the feed lips.
As the pressure lessens the natural tendency of the last rounds take the orientation given to the follower witch is slightly dipped in the rear.
When I was investigating this problem I thought of modifying the feed lips a little but still have not gotten around to doing it...
I think that some other members here have also commented on this and have mentioned modifying the follower to sit level with some addition of material to the rear of the follower (JB Weld and a Dremill I think)
If we can get a few pictures of the Colt mags we could compare the differences to the rounds in our mags...
Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:40:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:10:58 PM EDT
thanks for the replies i took a look at a RRA converted uzi mag. it seems they cut more off the backside then i had. did a quick dremel cut this afternoon and cycling by hand they all feed. now for some range time to do a real road test.
thanks again
Top Top