Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/27/2003 4:21:53 PM EDT
im planning to buy my first carbine...what would you recomend to me? i would like the one which is readily available and ready to shoot out of the box with all the bells & wistles :-> (lesbaer, wilson,) please help .

thanks
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:08:15 PM EDT
Get the most plain-jane carbine you can find that has the receiver/barrel combination you want, and then YOU trick it out. That's half the fun.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:35:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/27/2003 6:36:09 PM EDT by -Absolut-]
can't go wrong with Bushmaster if you've got money, and want one with alot of the accesories already on, try the new Modular Carbine [url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwvml16f.asp[/url] [img]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/Images/pcwvml16f.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:54:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Zardoz: Get the most plain-jane carbine you can find that has the receiver/barrel combination you want, and then YOU trick it out.[red] That's half the fun.[/red]
View Quote
RIGHT ON!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:01:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/27/2003 7:07:43 PM EDT by AK_Mike]
I must agree with Zardoz. They are all pretty much good to go out of the box if you buy from a respectable company (Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite, RRA, and many more!). However, if you insist shelling out for a premium rifle, might I suggest the Knight's Armament Rifle. IMO, they are pricey but you get some special options and top quality components. Some of the others, like Wilson, are nice but I would rather build up my own than pay those prices, though the same can be said about the Knight rifle by others. Bushmaster had a special edition rifle with many extras.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 8:51:28 PM EDT
Knights is my choice.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:23:01 PM EDT
If you have the cash and want a high quality AR, I would definitely take a look at Wilsons. Iv'e never shot one of their AR's but Im very happy with all of the parts Iv'e bought from them, great customer service. Their prices on AR's aren't all that bad either compared to their 1911 prices. The Urban tactical with green armor tuff finish looks very nice, And also their M4 tactical carbine about the same price, is very cool.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 11:15:32 PM EDT
some mentioned knights....i would dream of having a very nice trigger pull...is knights trigger good?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:32:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By paltik: some mentioned knights....i would dream of having a very nice trigger pull...is knights trigger good?
View Quote
I was going to ask if you were joking, but I realize you are asking in ernest. IMO, Knights makes the sweetest 2 stage trigger available. However, you may prefer a single stage trigger. While there are other fine 2-stage triggers out there, all mine but one uses the KAC trigger, even my M16. The other uses a RRA trigger - a great deal for the money. One of the reasons I like the Knight rifle so much is BECAUSE it comes with the KAC Match trigger, but I am pretty biased...
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:24:49 PM EDT
The Olympic Arms PCR-16 seems like a lot of carbine for the money!! Also their OA-93PT Detachable stock carbine might be worth looking into.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:30:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/28/2003 9:33:51 PM EDT by DevL]
This guy is willing to spend bou coup cash. Oly? The Bushmaster (lets put every crappy accessory we make on one gun) carbine? [puke] If your willing to drop the cash for a Wilson or Les Baer I reccomend you call MSTN and talk to em and have them build you a rifle. It will be expensive but the sweetest thing you could ever build on your own. Better than any Knight's gun, Wilson, Les Baer etc. Just dont let em convince you to use the hideous SPR grip lol.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:56:50 AM EDT
Both the Knights and the Bushmaster are excellent right out of the box. The only thing you might want to change on the Bushmaster Modular model is the trigger. On the Knights go with a better stock.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 9:34:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/29/2003 9:34:30 PM EDT by AK_Mike]
Originally Posted By DevL: This guy is willing to spend bou coup cash. Oly? The Bushmaster (lets put every crappy accessory we make on one gun) carbine? [puke] If your willing to drop the cash for a Wilson or Les Baer I reccomend you call MSTN and talk to em and have them build you a rifle. It will be expensive but the sweetest thing you could ever build on your own. Better than any Knight's gun, Wilson, Les Baer etc. Just dont let em convince you to use the hideous SPR grip lol.
View Quote
Herein lies wisdom. [hail]
Top Top