Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/3/2005 10:06:57 AM EDT
glass or sight would you put on a colt 6920?and will it clear the iron front sight?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#1]
You want a scope on a carbine?  Or do you want a different optic like an Eotech or Aimpoint?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:27:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You want a scope on a carbine?  Or do you want a different optic like an Eotech or Aimpoint?

yeah that's what I was kinda thinking some kind of sight. I have a EoTech on a free floating barrel, but the 6920 has the iron sight and am not sure it will have a clear sight of view, that's why I wanted to know what everyone is doing?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#3]
After training with it for awhile, you won't even notice the FSP.  I use the Eotech, and have found it to work out quite well without the use of a riser.  Stick it on the flattop, and you are all set.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
After training with it for awhile, you won't even notice the FSP.  I use the Eotech, and have found it to work out quite well without the use of a riser.  Stick it on the flattop, and you are all set.

will the dot clear the front pin on the iron sight?if I mount it with no risers?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#5]
it will be center with the front sight. the larue rail will put your irons in the lower third.

i had an aimpoint that had absolute co-witness with the irons and it never bothered me on bit and i actually preferred it.

have another aimpoint that is in a larue cantilever mount and it co-witness with the irons in the lower third of the glass so the dot is un-obstructed when looking through the aimpoint only.

imo i rather the reddot's co-witness with the irons.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:45:48 AM EDT
[#6]
The dot is right on the FSP if you are nose to the charging handle.  If you are using it in more of a CQB manner, your head (at least mine is) is up a bit higher, and the Eotech dot is well above the FSP.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The dot is right on the FSP if you are nose to the charging handle.  If you are using it in more of a CQB manner, your head (at least mine is) is up a bit higher, and the Eotech dot is well above the FSP.

just to add:

both are like that when looking primarly through the optic over the rear buis
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#8]
So if you use the Eotech and put it on a mount, like the LaRue hirise, the front sight
only appears in the bottom third of the window, and when you are using the
sight correctly you focus on the target, making the FSB almost disappear completely.

Works very well and you can still go to backup irons of you need to using a
flip up rear.

See how high the EoTech sits?  

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So if you use the Eotech and put it on a mount, like the LaRue hirise, the front sight
only appears in the bottom third of the window, and when you are using the
sight correctly you focus on the target, making the FSB almost disappear completely.

Works very well and you can still go to backup irons of you need to using a
flip up rear.

Very true.  

I like the idea of being able to verify my irons and optics with a co-witness.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top