Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/13/2005 8:23:37 PM EDT
I've seen it on the back of a few bipods, and I've been wondering what it's purpose is. Thanks!

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Speed deploy lever: squeezing it causes the bipod to deploy instantly. Its used for 3-gun/IPSC shooting because the rules mandate that the shooter start the stage with the bipod stowed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:32:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Speed deploy lever: squeezing it causes the bipod to deploy instantly. Its used for 3-gun/IPSC shooting because the rules mandate that the shooter start the stage with the bipod stowed.

Thanks! Who makes them, and where do you get 'em?
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:35:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, no idea... I shoot Tactical Iron/Limited, which does not allow bipods. Try Brownells ?
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks BOTH! Was wondering the same thing in the past. Now I know.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting.  I thought it was just another pod lock for the swivelling Harris Bipod.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 4:17:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Interesting.  I thought it was just another pod lock for the swivelling Harris Bipod.

DING, DING, DING!  We have a winner. You are correct sir.
The lever lets you adjust the tension of the swivel on the bipod.  

ETA: Go to this guys web site and order the lever with 1 spacer. You can get metal or plastic handle. The metal has a shiny finish. The plastic is a matte finish. He set up a kit for folks on the board

t-nuts.com/index.php/cPath/73

the discussion on the pod-lock

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=217027
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 4:22:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DING, DING, DING!  We have a winner. You are correct sir.
The lever lets you adjust the tension of the swivel on the bipod.  

Yup, it's a Pod Loc:

More info: www.snipercountry.com/InReviews/PodLoc.asp
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top