Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/6/2005 7:03:06 PM EDT
I just bought a new RRA entry tact. and it comes with a detachable carry handle. Now, I have handled ARs before, but none have ever had detach. carry handles. Almost all have been flat tops or carry handles...no detachable stuff. Now, I havent received it yet, as it should arrive here next monday. So I cant really fiddle with the top right now. But I would like to get the eotech or an acog before it gets here.

My question is what would I need to do to mount a eoTech or acog on top of it? Do I need to remove the carry handle/get a new rail etc?

Thanks
Matt
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:13:52 PM EDT
if it has the tactical carry handle which is a half a$$ carry handle with the railling on it along with the rear sight i personally would remove it and just either mount the eotech to the flattop itself or get the larue mount which would rise the optic up a bit so that the irons co-witness in the lower third.

as for the acog, with traditional carry handles you have the option of either mounting it on the carry handle with jus the suppied screw and beveled washer or you can mount it to the flattop using either the ta51(supplied with some of the acogs) or some other type of mount

larue,gg&g, arms, and some others offer mounts for them.

imho, the tactical carry handle sucks. the carry handle was geared towards the aimpoint since its the only optic that would co-witness with the irons using the aimpoint mount. it also has a spare battery compartment for the aimpoint.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:06:54 PM EDT
ok, well before my rifle ships out monday I will try and get them to remove the carry handle(and maybe knock off a few bucks).

I just put in an order for the eotec holosight, and I am looking at a larue mount for it. If they can remove the carry handle, I should have enough money left for the troy BUIS.

Thanks!
Matt
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:10:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dsg2003gt:
ok, well before my rifle ships out monday I will try and get them to remove the carry handle(and maybe knock off a few bucks).

I just put in an order for the eotec holosight, and I am looking at a larue mount for it. If they can remove the carry handle, I should have enough money left for the troy BUIS.

Thanks!
Matt

gandrtactical carries the larue mounts and the troy buis looks like its starting to trickle back in
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:17:36 AM EDT
that was actually who I am getting the mount from.
Top Top