Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 5:00:25 AM EDT
what bullet weight should i use in my 9mm 10.25 ar?

its a colt RO634 rifle with the 10.25 barrel length     1 in 10 twist  so whats the best bullet weight  for this rifle?  what type of range and  accurecy should i expect  with the a1 irons?

thanks
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:59:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't really offer a specific answer to your first question because my Colt seems to like everything I have fed it so far.  As far as accuracy goes, you should be able to plink clay birds at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:31:17 AM EDT
[#2]
what i have found out is that you can get two exact barrels in every which way and each prefer different ammo.

the best way is to by a box of each and have at it and see for yourself which your rifle likes best.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#3]
im useing my handloads  and just ran out of 124Gr  JHP  and it was shooting ok i need to re-supply bullets and was thinking of buying 147gr JHP  just wondering if the heavier bullet is better?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I use Rainier 147gr plated flat points.  Work great in my 635.  Win 231 is my powder of choice.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#5]
For plain old blasting,  stick with 115gr,  don't cost a whole lot, 124's good also, though cost a little more (if you load your own).

147's be good for steel or suppressor use, but usually drop like a rock out to 100yd, where the higher velocity 115/124 are straighter flight.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top