Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2005 2:15:06 PM EDT
that stuff stinks  !!!"smells bad"

not the easiest stuff to work with but it is slick..

any one use it on pistols? or an sks?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#1]
The Mil-comm I have smells like Hawaiian tropic suntan lotion to me.To each his own I guess.
Don't put so much concern in how you apply and use the stuff...I did at firstspent way too much time worrying about prep etc....just wipe the old oil/fouling off as best you can in the tight spots etc...and use it.The Mil-comm will displace the old oils over time.In fact the MC-2500 oil cleans almost as well as clp and I use it to prep a new gun when in a hurry.
As far as use...I particularly use it on my pistols.Mainly due to the fact its very slick and it stays put on the parts for months without reapplication.
Recently started using the TW-25B on my AR and G3 and have been very pleased.I also use the TW-25B on the cocking pieces and bolt lugs of my bolt guns and the MC-2500 everywhere else.Very pleased as well.Stays on the weapons for a long time without reapplication.
hth
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:43:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I think that TW25-B smells like a combination of Sun tan lotion and pencil shavings. The MC-25 smells like a soap that my wife's grandmother has but I don't know the name of it. I don't know how MC-3000 and MC-2500 oils smell like because I havn't used them. I am considering ordering some MC-3000 because it appears to be the same consistancy as LSA.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#3]
The MC-2500 and MC-3000 has a bit more of a stronger oily smell,but similar to TW-25B.
I do not think any of Mil-comm lubes stink.Certainly no solvent fumes anyway.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#4]
use it....LOVE it.......not sure I would care even if it did stink....it just works!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:52:59 PM EDT
[#5]

The Mil-comm I have smells like Hawaiian tropic suntan lotion to me.

Damn I thought I was the only one smelling that coconut smell. But I use it on all my toys ,Rifle's,shotgun,handguns,blades.

I need some more though and the dealer I got it from is gone(out of business)
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:30:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I buy direct from Mil-comm.The 4oz. tube of TW-25B is a bargin and lasts for a long time.I use it to refill my TW-25B syringes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:25:38 AM EDT
[#7]
After My cadre fussed over the stuff for a bit, and made the switch, There was an immediate period of feedback.

"How come my rifle smells like Suntan lotion"

"Somebody that came to work  right after being on the beach had the rifle before me, andit smells like CoCoa Beach."

Been there done that.

Just realize that the transition was made during a period of weather that included sub zero temps.

Pina colada perfume dosn't appeal to everyone, and I still keep a Bottle of Vintage Hoppe's in the bathroom for special nights out on account that is what the 'Ol Lady expects me to smell like on special dates.

S-28

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top