Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/1/2004 9:31:20 AM EDT
I'm a newbie here, tried a search but could'nt find why RRAs are heavier than Bushies.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:53:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Barrel dimension under the handguard.

BOTH are high quality rifles. ONE of the companies (Bushy) supports AR15.com in a big way.

Then again, I LOVE my RRA std a2 and it's STOCK 2 stage trigger!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:55:14 AM EDT
[#2]
The "HBAR" RRAs are right at 1.0" in diameter under the handguards.  Looks like they don't machine the barrel blanks down at all in that area, just enough to put the front sight on out to the muzzle.  Guess this is one way they keep costs down.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies, Still trying to decide between the two. My last AR was a bushy preban 11.5/5.5,no issues great rifle. I do like RRAs guarantee for acurracy.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#4]
#1... I think the RRA 1 MOA accuracy is correct. I am currently getting 1 1/2 MOA on mine and I haven't even shot 800 5.56mm rounds in my life yet, so I assume I am the weakest link, not the gun.

What are you going to use it for?
1.A Bench rest, target, competition gun?
2.Or a field, truck, plinker?

The lighter weight would be an advantage in case #2.
The heavier weight would be an advantage in case #1.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I know the RRA Heavy Varmint barrel is heavier because my Hogue FF tube would not go over it until I removed about .035" from it. My latest Bushy H.B. was not as fat under the H.G.

Did that help?

Edit: Please forgive me, welcome to the Boards!

Danny
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies, It will be combo defense, plinking and maybe 3 gun competition. My last two ARs were short and light. My plinking is done from 25 to 400 yards so I think a 20" this time.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top