Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/19/2004 5:22:22 PM EDT
I have a mid length gas block, std. baby A2 type setup. I want to use a low profile mid length gas block, and put on rifle length handguards, for a dissy setup. (cause non-FF railed handguards for mid-length are hard to find, but rifle is quite common)

I built my lower, but have no special tools for barreling.

Is a gas block replacement 'easy' to do?

What model is a good low profile gas block?

I can just use my existing FSB further out.. even if the barrle is bit narrower?

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:28:22 PM EDT
You could just get a screw on rail to your handguard vent holes in the bottom for $20. If all you're mounting is a light, that's probably the easiest way to go. Just another option if you'd want to consider it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:45:18 PM EDT
Thats pointless, silly!

I would skip that. By the time you pay someone to mount a new front sight base you may as well have been saving for a DD or LT mid length rail. By that time the LT rail should be out too.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:20:30 AM EDT
Check out the YHM forend kits. They include a Specter 2-piece gas block that is really simple to install and fits under the tube. In fact, they offer free installation if you buy one of their kits (you can't get much easier that that) The kits include tube, gas block, front sight, swivel stud, & QD sling swivel

Check it out: YHM Kits

FWIW: I installed a 'Specter Customizable Kit XL' (rifle length) with a 16" super light weight barrel. Works great.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:14:20 AM EDT
Maybe you could shave your existing front sight down to gas block size and get a FFtube that will fit over it. FWIW I like the Spectre length YHM stuff too
Top Top