Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/7/2004 6:14:06 PM EDT
how much of a pain in the ass is it, and what do I need?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Well-mounted 4" vise, armorer's wrench, upper reciever action block

a little know-how.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#2]
for what reason do you want to change your barrel?

If it is because you have fired the piss out of it I would suggest sending it to have it rebarreled if you have no experience or parts on-hand.

If you just want a change, keep the upper and buy another one;that is the best part of the ar-15, one day you may feel like shooting an m-4gery the next day a 20" full size.

By the time you purchase all of the parts such as barrel wrench, upper receiver block etc. you could have had it rebarreled by a professional or purchased a new one.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:20:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Not real hard.  Check this out.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Not that bad get a barrel wrench and a set of upper receiver blocks so you can hold it rock solid wich is needed to tourque it right,some disulfide or high temp grease for the receiver threads.and a set of pin punches and a hammer for the gas tube and a rubber malet wouldnt hurt as Bushmaster told me to hit the receiver from the rear onto the barrel indexing pin wich should fit snug.And if you have never done it before the armorer video from bushmaster.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top