Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2008 4:15:08 PM EDT
I'm expecting my LR-308T next week sometime, and of course I'm getting excited. I'd like to hear from anyone that has this model, good or bad. Accuracy, operating problems, etc. Thanks in advance.

*I got the rifle and thought I'd post an update....if anyone cares. I had 80 rnds of surplus, so I used that for break-in. Then I was able to fire one 3 shot group with my handloads before dark. My load is a 125grn Nosler ballistic tip over 44 grns of Varget in Federal match cases. I was pressed for time, so the barrel was pretty warm. It put 2 into one ragged hole, and dropped the 3rd into a group small enough to cover with a quarter. This is from a 16" barrel! As far as function, I had about 6 FTF in the 80 rnds of surplus. Also, the pin that holds the charging handle latch on kept backing out. That's it so far. I like it alot, and I can't wait to bust up some prairie dogs this weekend.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#1]
My 24" lr308 has done great. Shoots sub MOA as long as I do my paet. 4500 rounds and no malfunctions. It has made it through 3 LE sniper schools and is going strong. Just replace the trigger. I put a JP in mine.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:09:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. Did you put the full JP kit (trigger, speed hammer, etc.), or just the spring set? And what pound did you go with?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I got my .308 SASS last week but havent shot it yet. I am very eager too.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top