Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 5:12:48 PM EDT
Hi guy's.This may a stupid question but i'll ask anyway.Is the wal-mart winny 223 value pack the same bullet as the q3131a's i keep reading about.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The bullet itself or the entire round?  I can tell you that Q3131 and 3131a are loaded to Mil Spec and are "hotter" than the Winchester USA and Value Pack.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I've not pulled a bullet from a USA223R1 cartridge from the value packs, but I have read that
the bullet (projectile) 55 grain FMJ is the same as in the Q3131/Q3131a.

It is not the same cartridge tho, USA233R1 is not M193 milspec like the Q3131/Q3131a.
It is not loaded as hot and is .223 SAAMI spec.

It is still a great practice/plinking round.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm talking about the whole round.Although sOulzerO pretty much answered that !.That is what i normaly shoot.First reason is the cost.second reason is it shoot's pretty damm good from my 16' m4.I decided recently to start looking into other bullet's in the same $ ball park,so i 've been shooting xm193's with not such good result's,must be because they to are hotter than wal-mart's.Both are 55gr.thanx guy's ,learned something new today.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top