Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2003 5:14:03 AM EDT
i have a carbine with a 16 inch heavy barrel and free floating aluminum handguard. i want to attach a standard sling to the to the rear and the handguard. what sling post and swivel to i get to attach the standard military sling? . thanks in advance!

#########

SORRY I WASNT MAKING MYSELF CLEAR.....I mean for the handguard!!!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Get yourself a Harris bipod adapter stud for the handguards. If you want to use quick release clips like Uncle Mike's front and back KNS makes a replacement for the shoulder stock stud that works great.

[img]http://paul.223.tripod.com/Firearms/Long_Arms/Rifle_Details/KNS_Mounts/KNS_Rear_Studs.GIF[/img]

The $13.50 KNS Precision rear sling mount from Kager Systems replaces the rear sling loop on AR-15’s, M-16’s, AR-10’s and SR-25 rifles. It attaches with the original bottom butt plate screws. Replacing the stock sling loop allows for common quick detachable slings to be used in times like when cleaning the rifle or any other time the upper receiver is separated from the lower. When storing the rifle complex combat slings can simply be removed. The mount is made from steel and has a phosphate finish. They seem very well made and quite strong. The stud has holes running in both directions allowing for attaching the sling at a 90 degree angle as well as perpendicular to the rear stock.

They are available directly from Kager Systems and from MidwayUSA, Delta Force, Gun Parts Corporation and Brownells.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top