Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2010 5:10:00 PM EDT
I saw a vltor stock I'm interested in on the Bravo website, it says for standard buffer.  Is "standard" the commercial stock, as opposed to mil spec like on my 6920?
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:20:07 PM EDT
Go back to BCMs site,,ues the maufacturer ,says "Shop by brand"button, select Vltor.
1/3 down the Vltor section are milspec stocks that you need.
Which stock? I have an EMOD and love it,even if I don't need the storage.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:33:30 PM EDT
Vltor makes stocks for both.  Milspec is standard around here.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:34:34 PM EDT
Vltor makes commercial diameter, but it looks like everyone that BCM offers is the mil spec you need.

The word "standard" in some of the ads refers to the standard style stock vs. the Clubfoot.  Most of the ads say "mil Spec" or "will not fit commercial extensions" or "will only fit receiver extensions/buffer tubes with the outer diameter of 1.150."  Any of these descriptions mean they are mil spec diameter and the one you need.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:13:03 PM EDT
So "standard" IS mil spec and commercial is for brands like Rock River.  Thanks all.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:17:02 PM EDT
So "standard" IS mil spec and commercial is for brands like Rock River.  Thanks all.


Milspec is Milspec.

As the above poster stated, when your speaking of VLTOR stocks... "Standard" means it is the standard stock shape.  "Clubfoot" is the other option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top