Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/13/2007 2:17:14 PM EDT
which one shoud I get? which one's features out weigh the other?
thanks,
Brandon
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 4:23:21 PM EDT
Dunno.

Just got my Vickers sling in from JKiser for $39 on sale--free shipping.

Me likes.
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 4:48:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/13/2007 4:53:36 PM EDT by Stickman]
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 9:08:50 PM EDT
Thanks guys. Vickers it is. And yes Larry Vickers is the tits. I will bow down to Vickers and Howe anyday.
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 9:10:59 PM EDT
I just got the Vickers sling and I like it already even though I haven't mounted it yet (upper is still on its way).
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 7:40:43 PM EDT
Now, now Stick...Kyle Lamb is not mutton chop either.

The VCAS and VTAC are similar in application. I use the VTAC myself. The padded sling is great for extended carry and the slider system is easier to use and more tactile thatn the VACS IMO but there is a 'tail' (I am told that the newest revision has a Velcro hold down to control this.

The slider on the VTAC is manipulated by pulling on webbing to cinch or the 550 corloop to slacken. It require less manual dexterity than the VCAS and is easily executed by feel alone. I found the VCAS needed a little more concious effort, no doubt resolvable by more training but simple is good IMO.

Both are well constructed and represent best of breed IMO. I put the VTAC out ahead but only by a nose, and this is for my needs as a GP sling.

Simon
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 8:27:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 5:37:03 PM EDT
I got my first VTAC 3 yrs ago and loved it. I had to replace it yesterday with the VTAC padded which works so well and for long days with your trusty long arm. I'll move my original VTAC to my shotgun. It is one easy sling to use and it works!
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 1:24:00 AM EDT
Amen. Each of us have to decide how to weight the various pros and cons based on OUR OWN NEEDS. If you're not carrying the gun for a living, you should take your rig to class to validate some of your assumptions.

Cops here carry MP5s using HK slings. Nearly all don't know how to use them properly and all have apalling muzzle control, sweeping everyone they meet as the stroll aorund with the muzzle horizontal. The moral of this story is that just because you got gear, don't mean you know how to use it.

Simon

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:25:29 PM EDT
I recently put a Vtac padded on my M&P 15 about a month ago and I love it! Very well thought out and user friendly!

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 1:40:47 PM EDT
height=8
Originally Posted By Stickman:
Larry Vickers developed the VCAS in cooperation with Ashley Burnsed of Blue Force Gear. If you look at Larry Vickers background, and the experience in the development this sling, there really isn't any question.

There are a lot of two point slings available, but the VCAS was designed to be the best 2 point sling available for a combat environment.

stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%20sub/IMG_0881%20Stick.jpg

Anyone know where I can get the VCAS wiht the QD attachments already installed? I see Magpul has them, but only in black. I'd like OD or tan and can't seem to find one. Still debating between the VTAC and VCAS, though.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:04:31 PM EDT
I think G & R Tactical has all the colors available.

G&R Tactical
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:53:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 4:02:32 PM EDT
height=8
Originally Posted By mattjedi:
I think G & R Tactical has all the colors available.

G&R Tactical

Fantastic. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 5:01:18 PM EDT
I'm not an expert like some of the other guys, but my department went with the padded V-Tac for our carbines. The V-Tac is very comfortable, easy to adjust and it was less expensive, which played a big part. You really can't go wrong with either one. If the Vicker's ever comes out in a padded version, I'll have to try it out.
Top Top