Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 4:14:44 PM EDT
I am getting everything together m4gery build and this is the last thing on the list.
I don't have any experience as far as how well they hold up looking for a quality wich one and where to get it.
Thanks
Robert
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Tango down seems the be the popular one right now.  Not the "toughest" out there, but simple, light, sealed battery storage in the handle.  It is what I am running right now.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:06:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Tango down seems the be the popular one right now.  Not the "toughest" out there, but simple, light, sealed battery storage in the handle.  It is what I am running right now.

+1 I'm running the same thing. Its an awesome vertical grip IMO
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:51:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+2
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:11:25 AM EDT
[#4]
surefire makes one too and it also holds batteries
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:02:26 AM EDT
[#5]
KAC is pretty cheap, attaches very easily and is lightweight. Only detractor would be the lack of a battery storage department. If you are really serious and have a flashlight and an optic on your gun, I would get storage. If you are just shooting with irons and don't have a flashlight setup, I would go KAC. I got mine (for my first and still unfinished rifle :(...) for $25 used.

edit: KAC=Knight's Armament Co.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I decided to go with the CQD after a lot of research last night. It cost a little more than the tango down but from what I read is vertually indestructible.
When I used one a couple of weeks ago I put a lot of presure on it to be able to lock in on target for precise shooting with an eotech.
I may have whent overboard not sure. What the hell it didnt cost near what the last GMC truck I bought and that was the worst purchase I ever made.
Thanks for the advice
Robert
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I think you would be very very hard pressed to destroy a TD grip.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top