Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/20/2004 3:19:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/20/2004 3:28:06 PM EST by grandnational007]
ok, i really want to do the above, but im wondering if there is anything i can do to attach it to car handguards?

i HATE HATE HATE HATE rails, and refuse to put them on my rifles.

I'm thinking some sort of strap maybe, like a hose clamp to secure it?

the #1 priority is it has to look clean
#2 want to make it myself
#3 has to be very sturdy as to support very quick draws from at the hip
#4 must be cheap....
#5 must be quickly detachable/unatachable

I frequently use the front of teh mag extension, but it gets hot, and i want a better grip.....I know I know already about the megss....but i want to keep my current reciever.

ANY IDEAS

im thinking something that maybe screws on

I want it to look like this:

not sure if this should go in the build iy yourself forum or not, so please be gentle
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:42:24 PM EST
If it is the railed forends you hate, are you are aware there are simply short rails available that attach directly to your stock forearm? Several vendors sell them and they provide an attachment point for grips and such, without going to the expense and trouble of a complete new forearm.

Lonny
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:46:54 PM EST
i really want it to look clean.....

and want to avoid rails at all costs.....

if its impossible its impossible, but i want some ideas from people that have maybe done something similiar to this
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:06:49 PM EST
If you want cheap, here is an idea....

Get a wooden 1" or 1.5" dowel. Cut it to length and drill a hole in the center about 3.5" deep. Get a 3" 1/4" hex head wood screw and metal washer (that fits inside the hand guard). You may have to first remove the heat shield and attached the dowel to the hand guard. Wrap a tennis grip around it... Total cost, under $3.

It is not A2 grip and not quick detachable, but it works very well...
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:23:58 PM EST
EUREKA!!!!!

use a pistol grip screw, take off handguard, run screw down through handguard holes, feed pistol grip onto screw, put nut on end of screw after its through the pistol grip, put handguards back on.......SWEEEEEETTT
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:28:55 PM EST
Nice. Where are the pics?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:48:37 PM EST
haha, after realizing how i will do it, i realized it was a little too late to run to the hardware store to get a slightly longer bolt and a nut that will thread onto it....

will post pics once it is completed tommorow....
Top Top