Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/7/2006 11:15:05 AM EDT
I just received a 11.5/ 5.5" A2 Bushmaster upper I bought on the EE.  I removed the upper from my old BM M4gery and put the new (used) upper on, with a brand new BCG from Bushmaster and my old CH.  The CH has the model 1 Badger Ordinance latch on it, and I had to force the BCG into position.  I took the CH out (after quite a struggle) and tried the CH from my  Bushy 20" A2, and it dropped right in, no problems.  Then I tried the CH with the BO latch in my 20" A2, again smooth.  

I guess my question is:  Why won't the 11.5/ 5.5" upper accept the CH with the BO latch, while the other 2 uppers will?  I can push it all the way in, but then it's very difficult to remove.

Thanks for the help!

--VT
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Dano-
for some reason the CH with the tac latch gets hung up about 1/2 inch from being fully seated.  The other CH with a BM factory latch does not get hung up.  At the same time BOTH of the CH's work perfectly in my other 2 uppers (one 14.5", one 20").  I can't figure out what the deal is.
Thanks-

--VT
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top